Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My 3 YEAR OLD WONT GO TO SLEEP

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 10:25 pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tips!!!!! !!!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 10:54 pm
Following. Mine is the same. Cant get him to bed till after 9 earliest

emunahmother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:19 am
Does he/she still nap? I always found around that age when they start doing that then it's time to get rid of the nap.

If you already took nap time away than maybe ur missing the window of sleep and they are then overtired. In that case you say put them in bed 15-20 mins earlier than you normally do and see if that works.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:31 am
You have a choice. Either keep the naps so you have quiet time in the afternoon, but realize that your child will want to stay up until 9pm. Or skip the nap and put her to bed early, but expect her to wake up early.

As far as making your child fall asleep, you cannot force a person to fall asleep. You can, however, insist that they stay in their bed/crib. You can put your child to bed whenever you think is a reasonable time, and they can sit on their bed or play in their crib, until they fall asleep.

e1234

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:45 am
I have the same problem

but the problem is that he naps

but we can't keep him up in the afternoon as he's too tired as he went to sleep at 11 so it's a cycle...

he also things that he can be the last one up.

with a 5 year old you can do a chart and they have to be in bed but it won't work with a 3 year old

Nomad

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:40 pm
I would also recommend eliminating the nap. It's very hard to make a kid fall asleep when they're just plain not tired. Sticker charts do work for some 3-year olds, but it really depends on the kid.

Something that helped me is that I allowed my daughter to pick out 3 books that she can look at in bed. This is a special treat for her and kept her busy until she conked out. She was also allowed to take a magnetic coloring board to bed.

We've also done extensive bribery. My son at that age would get a small plastic animal figurine (like from oriental trading) immediately upon waking if he stayed in bed (he built up quite a collection). For my daughter - she got a sticker on her sticker chart and a single jelly bean. If she got 6 stickers in a row - she got a prize. She was also involved in creating/coloring the sticker chart so she was very proud of it. Good luck!

abs

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:49 pm
Melatonin!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics