Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Moussaka?

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:33 am
Anyone have a recipe for two ( or a smaller recipe) for Moussaka?

etky

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:47 am
It's not really the kind of dish you make for 2 b/c the ingredients called for come in larger quantities I.e it's not that practical or efficient to use only half an eggplant or 250 g. of chopped meat etc. It's also quite a lot of work for just 2 portions.
However, you can always make a larger amount and freeze part. Or make it when you're entertaining other couples or family.

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 7:49 am
I can freeze it? Cooked or raw? I just thought the eggplant would be much to watery after frozen and reheated but I'm always happy to have a freezer meal.

So I'll take any recipe... thanks

etky

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 8:08 am
coconutbutter wrote:
I can freeze it? Cooked or raw? I just thought the eggplant would be much to watery after frozen and reheated but I'm always happy to have a freezer meal.

So I'll take any recipe... thanks

Well, I've frozen it on occasion - sometimes the eggplant is a bit watery and sometimes not. It depends on the individual eggplant and also how you prepare it before you assemble the moussaka. I slice the eggplant thinly and broil it in the oven so there's not much liquid left in the slices once the dish is assembled.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics