Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you get inspired to clean when just not in the mood??
Previous  1  2

SRS

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:49 am
rachel6543 wrote:
Lately I have been listening to free old time radio shows (think 1940s to 1970s) online while cleaning. Many episodes are 20 min. Prefect amount of time when doing 1-2 chores like dishes, laundry... Etc. The shows can be so interesting, esp listening to some of the old commercials and news clips that are sometimes included in the radio recordings. Also, interesting how outdated some of the stories are.

Do you have a link? I used to love radio shows growing up.

rachel6543

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:17 am
Lately I've been listening to some of these episodes from WWII:
https://archive.org/details/Th.....sodes

Also just Google "old time radio". You'll find other websites with lots of free radio shows

mazal555

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:49 am
[huge photo of cockroach removed]
Like this

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 9:52 am
mazal555 wrote:
[huge photo of cockroach removed]
Like this

OMG, you could put a saddle on it and ride it into the sunset

Optione

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:13 am
I always do dishes first since I hate then the most. Then I tell myself JUST TEN MINUTES. After that I usually am motivated to finish or stop since I accomplished a goal of ten minutes.

acccdac

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:34 am
its funny cause one person suggested Hoarders and another suggested Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners.

If I watch hoarders I cant clean because I say "I'm not THAT bad" verses watching the other, my response is "Wow that person is so cool, I want to be like them"

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 3:56 am
southernbubby wrote:
yes but now I have to watch compulsive cleaners

Enjoy

Geulanow

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 10:32 am
Motivation for housework is the same as motivation for other things, such as homework, except the results of not doing it could be more readily evident and housework is constant and you don't get a grade for doing it. Think about when you were young and had to do homework .Did your mother force you to do homework before doing fun things? Or did she allow you to do fun things for a half hour or so and then you got to homework? Think about what motivated you in school (if you were motivated) or how you motivate your children and apply it to housework.

zigi

Post Wed, Feb 04 2015, 1:23 pm
lol I put hoarders on to show my kids why I make them clean their rooms and throw things out.

good idea about the old time radio!

have a therapist come to your house every week lol. but some someone coming is great motivation.
I put music on and just start even if I don't feel like b/c it does have to get done.

I also do my best cleaning if I have cleaning lady. I do one room while she is doing another

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 9:46 am
southernbubby wrote:
I used to watch episodes of Hoarders and then convince myself that my house looked like that and that if I didn't clean, that 1-800-GOT-JUNK was going to come and take everything away.

Thanks for this awesome idea!

I'm never in the mood of cleaning but phew, after skimming through a couple episodes of hoarders I just went into a cleaning frenzy.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 10:27 pm
Many Thanks for all your real GREAT ideas!!!

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 10:37 pm
PLEASE remove that cockroach bug it's really not helping me -but sickening.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics