Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady want to borrow money

Lillian

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 10:43 am
My cleaning lady who is cleaning by me for about a year asked me if I can lend her $100 tomorrow. On the one hand I really want to hold on to her since she does a lot of organizing in my house and is very pleasant and friendly person. On the other hand I dont want to make a habit of me lending her money. WWYD?

hotmom

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 10:53 am
I've learnt the hard way!!.....NEVER EVER trust a cleaning lady. She'll walk off with it, never to return. it doesn't matter how long she works by you....I've had great cleaning ladies, some working for 3-4 yrs in a row then they botched up. One came crying to me that she can't clean today as her boyfriend hit her badly and ran off... now she needs money if I can give her. I told her today is work day I'll give when she's finished. She cried so hard that she cant and need $$$, till dh said just give her something and she promised to come back next day to clean......I'm still waiting Surprised ....it's 9yrs later..(got new ones). NEVER trust them!!!!

ImaCohen4

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 10:57 am
There has to be a clearly maintained boundry. She may be good and reliable but she isn't a friend she is an employee. It's important to maintain a boundry so that you do not get used or burned. Once you loan , you will be asked again. Set the precedent now. If she is as good as she has been it will not ruin the work relationship as it stands now.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 11:05 am
Maybe just call it an 'advance pay', and whenever you pay her next you just subtract that amount.

If she is not under a binding contract there is always the risk of her disappearing with no legal way for you to prove she stole anything.

It all depends on your relationship and how trustworthy you see her to be.

PAMOM

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 11:14 am
I'd say lend her the money if you're prepared not to get it back. Or tell her it's an early ______ gift. If she does a good job, I'd take the gamble .

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 11:19 am
write it down on paper - with both of your signatures with the date & consider it advance pay for her services ... let her know what you clearly expect

loaning money is always a risk - but we don't have to be mistrusting of every person just because someone else had a bad situation

you know her for a year ... what's your gut say - is she trustworthy - if she isn't I wouldn't even let her clean my home let alone loan her monies

if she trustworthy there is no reason not to treat her like a person you know

SRB

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 11:27 am
We give "advanced pay" so I comes out of her pay next time she works ... but she has been with us 10 years and we trust she will come back. I know it's always a risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry