Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Luria academy?

1musicalmommy

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 9:25 pm
Hi, does anyone know anything about this school? Im considering sending my child, but am very confused about where hey stand from a religious point and how they teach torah? Any info would be so helpful!

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 12:05 am
Where is it?
Can you post a link?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:06 am
a relative of mine sent their kids there for a while. They are chabad but the kids had mild special needs which they felt crown heights yeshivos couldn't handle. I got the impression most of the other kids were Modern Orthodox or traditional, or other crown heights families who wanted a more M.O style school.

fromnj

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:57 pm
My kids interviewed there last winter. It is in Prospect Heights. http://www.luria-academy.org/ Definitely there is a wide spectrum of observance. Some are "traditional" but not shomer shabbos, some are "open orthodox" some modern, some Chabad. I loved the school and the montessori method. It is a very intellectual place. They place a huge priority on each child's individual strengths and needs. Unfortunately, because of my custody situation, my kids were not able to go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics