Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
CPS looking for missing girls

LovetoLive

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:01 am
I see today the headline. 2 girls missing. The article is going around social media. Link for the curious. http://7online.com/news/police.....9600/

The girls are actually with their parents who took them and ran away because they were afraid of talking to child protection services.

How is this called missing? Why do they make it sound like the girls were lost or kidnapped if they are with their parents and their parents have not been accused of doing anything wrong!

A parent who is scared to talk to cps is called a kidnapper? Dont you think cps is overstepping its role?

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:13 am
I know nothing of this, but I'd assume there's more to the story than is being let on. Perhaps CPS has evidence that the children are in danger.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:20 am
check out collive.com and crownheightsinfo.com

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:24 am
The dad has been arrested multiple times and charged with possession, lewdness and a few other things. CPS is involved to help make sure these little girls are in a healthy, safe environment.

This is not a simple story. People who have nothing to hide don't run and hide. Please daven that these girls are safe.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:27 am
LovetoLive wrote:

How is this called missing? Why do they make it sound like the girls were lost or kidnapped if they are with their parents and their parents have not been accused of doing anything wrong!

A parent who is scared to talk to cps is called a kidnapper? Dont you think cps is overstepping its role?

How is cps overstepping its role? This IS its role. Ensuring the safety of children.

The police are not releasing a lot of information, but from what I've read in a couple of different places CPS/ACS as well as local community services have been involved for over a year. The parents do not have full custody of their children, so if they've taken them and run off, yes, there is every reason for concern.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:33 am
LovetoLive wrote:

CPS is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing: keeping the kids safe. According to the news reports, these parents were not allowed to just pick up and take off with their children and CPS has been involved in the case for over 1 year. Maybe the parents are innocent, but let them first be investigated properly to ensure the children's safety.

Side note: the missing person's paper says that the girls have brown hair: ummm... that hair does not look brown to me!!!!!!!!

Either way, I hope that they find these girls and get them into a safe, loving environment.

chaiz

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 8:59 am
Maya wrote:
I know nothing of this, but I'd assume there's more to the story than is being let on. Perhaps CPS has evidence that the children are in danger.

There is a reason Shomrim is involved. Not to say that CPS never oversteps its boundaries. But in this case it sounds completely warranted.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:09 am
while chaya & rivky are sweet innocent little girls ... doesn't mean their parents are ... should I tell you about the kid that almost got run over cause the mother was too high ... yeah the kids got taken away - given to the abusive father in crown heights & lo & behold the mother is ...

dead

sometimes - more than we'd like to hear - a kid is better off away from their parents ... if their parents choose to grab them & run it sort of shows that they have something to run from - parents who care would get the help they need including but not limited to taking help from the Child Protective Services

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 12:01 am
http://collive.com/show_news.r.....afety

Two young Jewish sisters are heading back to the Jewish community in Crown Heights after being removed from the supervision of Child Protective Services.

Rivka Kutsy and Chaya Kutsy, ages 4 and 3 respectively, are currently being driven back by the New York Police Department on Monday night.

They were unaccounted for since Saturday, January 31, 2015, when their father Allen Kutsy (or Velvel) and mother Chana Yehudis Kutsy, who had only "trial custody" of the children, left Brooklyn.

"In the car with mom and kids driving back to the city," Detective Raymond Weng of the Detective Squad at the NYPD 71st Precinct told COLlive.com on Monday night.

He reported that "they appear to be in good condition but we are taking them to King County Hospital to be checked as a precaution and necessary step."

The Detective said he couldn't disclose where the mother and her daughters were found, only saying that it was "a collaborative effort."

Messages on Facebook written in Mrs. Kutsy's name telling friends that she is safe were believed to have been written by her husband. It refuted claims that he has been violent and abusive.

Detective Weng asked COLlive.com to "thank the community, other agencies and volunteers for their assistance. The collaborative effort brought this situation to a successful conclusion."

Shomrim, a neighborhood watch group in Crown Heights, was involved in the search efforts which spanned across the states of New York, New Jersey and the east coast.

In a statement, Shomrim praised Detective Weng "for going above and beyond the call of duty" and thanked "the hundreds of community members of all backgrounds for assisting the search by proving pertinent information which assisted in locating the family."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics