Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Toilet Training Twin Boys - Help Please!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 12:02 pm
Anyone has any good advice?

Do both together and have double craziness? Or do one at a time, but then it drags on forever and I'm afraid I won't have any patience left for the second.

I need some real help here. I'm going crazy just thinking about it.

I keep pushing it off because I have no energy to start. But changing so many diapers a day has also gotten to me by now. (They're almost 2 1/2).

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 1:43 pm
Bump

asp40

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 1:51 pm
At 2.5y, most boys are not ready. Are they showing any signs of being ready?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 2:58 pm
I INTRODUCED it to my twins together (a boy and a girl) but they were ready to actually DO it at 2 different times. I kept re-introducing, gathering a sense of who was ready and when one was actually ready, jumped on that while still encouraging the other.

Good luck!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 3:07 pm
asp40 wrote:
At 2.5y, most boys are not ready.

Just wondering where you got that information because most pediatricians says that the medical advice is that most children will be ready between 22 and 30 months of age.

asp40

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 3:18 pm
Many kids are ready to sit on the toilet and sometimes pee. But to actually get trained, many are not ready. My info is coming from my own children. Pediatricians are great but facts from a book do not always translate to actual humans.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 6:24 pm
How do I know if they're ready?

I hope to have them start going to school/camp by June. And they need to be trained before starting school.

Lovelymom1

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 7:43 pm
Just spoke to a mother of twin girls. She trained them when they were two and a half. She's sirry she didn't wait till they were three. She did it both together and had a very hard time. Thinking back about it she feels they weren't ready but she sort of had an agenda and wanted it done. On the other hand I'm just about training my son that's two and nine months. I tried when he was two and a half and gave up after a week. Looks like he needed more time to get ready.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 8:49 pm
Are there any good books on toilet training?

Lovelymom1

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:11 pm
I read the book "toilet training in a day" before I toilet trained each of my children. Very helpful.

hotmom

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 10:09 pm
I don't Really have advice, but I wish you tons of double Hatzlocha.... I hope it goes a lot easier than expected. Once they're trained you can relax a little. Hug Hug

amother

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 7:43 am
Again, how do I know if and when they're ready?

asp40

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 9:53 am
For us, we did not just start potty training one day. We first had the potty or toilet seat ring available. We would have them try before bath time. Sometimes they went, and sometimes they didnt. This way it was not scary and no pressure. Once they can associate the potty with going in it, then we toilet trained. Some kids were easy and some were not. And for my twins, the one who had never once peed on the potty was actually trained before the other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more