Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Any Way To Lighten Covered Hair?

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:14 am
My hair used to have these beautiful red and blonde highlights, after covering it for a few yrs., it's getting so dark. Is there anyway I can get it to lighten up again other than dying it (not interested in that).

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:19 am
amother wrote:
My hair used to have these beautiful red and blonde highlights, after covering it for a few yrs., it's getting so dark. Is there anyway I can get it to lighten up again other than dying it (not interested in that).
I would think probably not. I had that too. The sun made my braown hair have the most beautiful red highlights. If not dying it, then you would have to let the sun "see" your hair. What else is there? Sad I know, I miss the highlights too.

skirtznsox

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:28 am
It's sort - of dying it... Sun- in and a blow dryer. Sometimes a lemon juice concoction and a blow dryer will work, too. Or henna. I do the sun in, although it's not the same as the gorgeous red highlights I used to get, it's closer because it's still the natural colors my hair wants to turn

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:38 am
Can you uncover at home and get sunlight through a window? I've done that for 3.5 years and my hair hasn't changed at all.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:40 am
esheschayil wrote:
Can you uncover at home and get sunlight through a window? I've done that for 3.5 years and my hair hasn't changed at all.
that must be a LOOOOT of sun. I neve rcover at home and we have no shades and my hair has no highlights left. At all.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
that must be a LOOOOT of sun. I neve rcover at home and we have no shades and my hair has no highlights left. At all.

Interesting. It's really not - I mean, there's enough sunlight that we don't have to turn on lights during the day, but it's certainly not like being outside. Maybe I just have weird hair, lol.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:47 am
esheschayil wrote:

OP here. I also doubt it will work. Is your hair long? My hair looked light until a cut off about 10-12 inches and donated it. When it was shorter, I realized that the entire top part of my hair was all dark. Now my hair is starting to get long again, but it's so dark.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:48 am
Actually, it still hasn't changed even though for the last year or so I have been covering inside pretty much exclusively... maybe it is just my hair. Weird. :-(

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
OP here. I also doubt it will work. Is your hair long? My hair looked light until a cut off about 10-12 inches and donated it. When it was shorter, I realized that the entire top part of my hair was all dark. Now my hair is starting to get long again, but it's so dark.

Sorry, cross-posted with you. I also cut off about 12 inches around eight months ago, so my hair is shoulder-length now.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 7:16 am
My sister doesn't cover and we have similar hair. Both our hair is getting darker because of aging. Our daughters have the coloring we used to. Only those who get their hair colored as they get older keep the same coloring as when they were younger.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 7:19 am
amother wrote:
My sister doesn't cover and we have similar hair. Both our hair is getting darker because of aging. Our daughters have the coloring we used to. Only those who get their hair colored as they get older keep the same coloring as when they were younger.

I'm young. I'm only 24. I doubt age is the factor, although, I do have quite a few gray hairs, but early gray is genetic in my family.

thanks

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 7:37 am
I use SunIn. I am blonde, and whenever my hair gets dark, I spray and blow dry. Works great for me, and no need to spend time and money on dying.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:06 am
I didn't know they still make Sun-In. I have some bad memories of that stuff as a teen. I thought I'd become a blond but instead got very odd orangey highlights.

OP, my hair is almost black. It used to vary from light to medium brown. It's still a little strange to me, but I kind of like it. I have a very private yard and I have gone out several days in a row to see if that would do anything but it didn't. I guess it takes constant sun exposure to get those results.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:22 am
Sun In creates different colors in different individuals: some get light brown highlights, others blonde or red. You'd have to expose your hair to the sun naturally if you'd like something more natural.

spring13

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:31 am
I just ordered one of these to try:

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapan.....-bars

doublemama

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 4:32 pm
I like to make a rosemary tea hair rinse and use it. It gives my hair these beautiful highlights and turns my plain brown hair into a mahogany. I do it once a month or so. I don't really usrema recipe but I just put a few tablespoons of dried rosemary into a cup and a half of water, boil for 15 minutes, let it sit until cool, usually a few hours because I make it in the morning and forget about it for a while, strain it and put it in the fridge until shower time. After washing dump on your hair and sometimes I give a quick rinse most times not. That's it. Covers grey too!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics