Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you send to a babysitter and she can't babysit one day...

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:46 pm
I babysit one baby, and I can't do it one day next week, am I responsible to find a replacement or is the mother? We are working together to work out a solution, but wondering how it's normally done. I gave her names for other babysitters, but who should arrange it, me or her? I feel like I should, right? I need to find someone to fill in for me? How does it woke by you if your babysitter can't do it for a day?

sky

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 9:55 pm
I pay my babysitter by the day. So if I don't send one day for whatever reason (yom tov, legal holiday, sick baby, trip, etc) I don't have to pay her (as long as I don't abuse this). Same on her end - if she needs to take off a day she does, she doesn't charge me, and she doesn't get a sub (she will try but if she is unable she will not).
Because I pay by the day she can do that. I think a place where you pay a monthly fee the babysitter is responsible to find a sub.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 10:00 pm
I'm on my second babysitter right now and both offered to find someone when not available. The thing is that I don't want to leave my baby with just anyone so I'd probably want to find my own replacement. You could run into problems if she arranges replacement that you don't approve of.

abound

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 12:23 am
I pay by the day/hour. Every sitter I used found a replacement, but I was not obligated to use the substitute if for whatever reason I did not want to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics