Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Garlic Twists - Please give me your best recipe

Sanguine

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 6:49 am
On a MM thread I decided to give soup and garlic twists for MM. Not too hard, not expensive, home made, yummy and appreciated...

One problem... I have no idea what garlic twists are shock

I got the idea - you roll out strips and tie.

I'm looking for a delicious, very easy recipe. Are they Mezonot? (I don't want Hamotzei). Can they be frozen or made 2 or 3 days before?

Please share the recipe that you love making

Thanks

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 7:27 am
I use my pizza dough recipe. Use 2/3 apple juice and the rest water for mezonos (controversial!) And reduce a bit of the sugar. Roll out little ropes of dough. Knot. Bake until done. Place baked knots into a bag with just a bit of olive oil, crushed garlic, parsley and salt (a little goes a long way), close and shake until evenly coated.
If I made this in advance, I wouldn't toss the knots in seasoning until right before.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 7:28 am
I use my pizza dough recipe. Use 2/3 apple juice and the rest water for mezonos (controversial!) And reduce a bit of the sugar. Roll out little ropes of dough. Knot. Bake until done. Place baked knots into a bag with just a bit of olive oil, crushed garlic, parsley and salt (a little goes a long way), close and shake until evenly coated.
If I made this in advance, I wouldn't toss the knots in seasoning until right before.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 8:25 am
ra_mom wrote:
What do you mean "ropes"?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 10:52 am
Sanguine wrote:
What do you mean "ropes"?
roll out the dough into ropes, as you would roll out challah dough into a few ropes in order to braid with. But these are small little ones for little garlic knots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads