Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buying kitchen cabinets on craigslist vs having store design

LO

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:21 am
Hi, we are trying to decide whether to buy kitchen cabinets on craiglist vs having a store design a layout for us and buy cabinets from them. Have any of you gone the craigslist route? I am wondering how that works out in terms of figuring out where each cabinet fits, coming up with a normal layout when you only have a certain amount and type of cabinets to work with.....If it DOES work, what is the best way to figure out which kitchen to buy and how to measure everything?

Would love to hear your experience! Thanks!

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:01 am
I can't imagine buying cabinets off of CL and figuring out how to arrange and assemble them in my kitchen, and having it end well.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:25 am
Do you mean buying someone's old kitchen? Or a store kitchen display?

IF there's a guarantee/ warranty
IF it's a known brand with decent quality
IF you will see them in person and
IF you can buy more of the exact same cabinets retail because whatever they have will not be the same as what you need (alternatively you have the rest custom made to match but it's not cheap),

then you could hire someone like me to the layout. I do space planning and kitchen design. But I charge for it, and you'll need precise measurements both of what you're considering purchasing and of your kitchen. And you'll need a good handyman unless you (and your DH?) are good at handyman stuff yourselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating