Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Leftover Chulent?

simchamommy

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 6:03 am
I have tons of chulent leftover this week - mostly the mush not so much potatoes or meat.
What can I do to dress it up and reserve it in some other form for leftover this week??

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 6:09 am
We used to have taco night - my mom would blend leftover cholent in the food processor with hot sauce and spices and serve it with tacos, lettuce, tomatoes, onions. We all loved it!

silbergirl

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 9:59 am
Make a P.C. Smile Its some kind of Chasidic "minhag". Mix the leftover cholent with mayo, ketchup and what else condiment you have and dip leftover, warm challah in it. It looks gross but it is so yummy....

ROFL

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:03 am
My mother used to make it as a base of soup add water and some new veggies carrots squash onions garlic and have a warm soup. ( at times she also put in hotdogs , yum! )

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 3:01 pm
we were just talking about leftover cholent, my boys were debating the merits of mashing it up, rolling it out real thin and frying up some 'cholent chips' or making 'cholent bars'. I'm not sure if they were serious or not.

bayis

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 3:08 pm
Chulent kugel? LOL

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 3:13 pm
Beans and barley soup! Add water (enough to make soupy consistency), chopped tomato from the tin, some chopped veggies (carrots, celery) and cook for about 20min till veggies are soft. Hearty soup perfect for this time of the year. Chopped tomato masks the obvious leftover cholent flavour to some degree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus