Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby Sleep Coach

amother

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 1:39 pm
For the past few months, I've been having a lot of difficulty getting my baby to sleep. I tried CIO and it worked at first, but eventually due to circumstances (like having to go away etc.) It didn't work. Plus, I hated doing it. Anyway, I'm exhausted and acting inconsistent w/ the baby (not good) and it's causing me SB problems b/c I'm so tired.

I am thinking of hiring a baby sleep coach. I know I can read more books like baby whisperer. I may start a thread on that to see if it is worth it for me, but for now, I really want someone I can call w/ questions and describe my baby to.

What does a sleep coach do? What do they charge? Do they come to your house or is it over the phone? If it's only over the phone, is it still worth it for me? (This will probably be the case. I doubt there is anyone good who lives near me.)

Thank you!

potatoes

Post Sat, Feb 14 2015, 7:45 pm
http://www.goodnightsleepcoaching.com/
I used her and was very happy.
It works

mandr

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:50 am
I think you should aim for consistency first. Kids love routine and thrive on it. If you're tzifloigen, it's much much harder for the baby to learn to fall asleep. I think you should begin with that and save yourself the money and then see if things change.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 2:42 am
Consistancy is hard. Baby and I are both not machines. I'm trying, but not every time, does she need the same thing. I have a bedtime routine which is pretty consistent. But otherwise, when she wakes up, I have no idea what to do and when to let her cry and when to go to her. I try to never let her cry for more than a few mins. but usually I just really want to run to her, but then I'm scared I'll cause a vicious cycle. I like to have a game plan and this is my first, so I have no idea if my ideas are sound and don't really want to experiment on her.

I looked into baby sleep trainers a little bit. DH thinks it's nuts to pay so much money, but I'm starting to think it might be worth it. If it's a one time expense that gives me tools for a long time.

To those that used a sleep trainer, did you find that it was worth it and gave you tools that helped into toddlerhood or was it a waste?

smss

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:28 pm
if you go this route (and be forewarned it is VERY expensive!), I like thebabysleepsite.com. I never actually used her coaching services because I couldn't afford it, but the free info on the website was very helpful to me and I think she's just NORMAL...has normal ideas of what babies are capable of doing at what age. I do have her schedules e-book and it's always been on target for my babies (I.e., the # of naps and amount of time between naps she recommends for each age always worked well for them)

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:34 pm
OP here.
About the price. If it were cheaper, I would have jumped at it, but am thinking and thinking. I want to try a few more things first before I give up and ask for help.

But, I must say that therapy, medication for PPD, losing a job are all much more expensive than the $300.00 a sleep coach likely costs. I really think that's a very important factor.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.
About the price. If it were cheaper, I would have jumped at it, but am thinking and thinking. I want to try a few more things first before I give up and ask for help.

But, I must say that therapy, medication for PPD, losing a job are all much more expensive than the $300.00 a sleep coach likely costs. I really think that's a very important factor.

$300? As if! The sleep coach that my friends use was more like $1200/week or so! If you can find one for $300 go for it!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:41 pm
pesek zman wrote:
$300? As if! The sleep coach that my friends use was more like $1200/week or so! If you can find one for $300 go for it!

I looked around a little bit, so this is not the only one, but the sleep coach Potato recommended (earlier in the thread) has a deluxe package for $395.00 and the cheapest package is $150.00.

smss

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I think the baby sleep site is closer to $80 or somewhere around there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics