Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Recommend a Toddler Toothbrush

bitachon111

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:07 pm
All the toothbrushes I see on Amazon are for babies. What works well for a 2.5 year old?
Thanks very much.

sped

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:25 pm
There are children's toothbrushes meant for 2-4 or 2-6 years. Check a drug store if you can't find it on line. I liked Oral B, but in truth I found the most successful ones were those that had the design DC liked!

mommyofboygirls

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:28 pm
I have had really good luck with these. It's really easy for my 3ish y/o to brush her teeth well with it, and it also works well for the younger ones. I just realized they are geared toward autistic children, but I don't know why they shouldn't be for all kids. I searched for a long time for something that would work well and not cause a fight.

http://www.amazon.com/DenTrust.....0CRKY

bitachon111

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 11:52 pm
Thank you. mommyofboygirls this toothbrush looks very interesting. Some amazon reviews say the bristles are hard did you find that?

If there are any other recommendations I should add that I'm looking for a good toothbrush for a 2.5 year old and a 1.5 year old. They both have small mouths and soft bristles are important to me.

I looked at MAM but it seems for a younger age. Totz might be good has anyone had success with it?

Thanks again!

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 12:01 am
Something from the dollar store or Amazing Savings. Like an adult toothbrush but smaller with funky colors on it. Nice to have a suction cup on bottom to stand it up on the side of the sink.

mommyofboygirls

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 11:33 am
bitachon111 wrote:
Thank you. mommyofboygirls this toothbrush looks very interesting. Some amazon reviews say the bristles are hard did you find that?

If there are any other recommendations I should add that I'm looking for a good toothbrush for a 2.5 year old and a 1.5 year old. They both have small mouths and soft bristles are important to me.

I looked at MAM but it seems for a younger age. Totz might be good has anyone had success with it?

Thanks again!

The bristles are not soft like a soft bristle toothbrush, they are more like silicone material, but they get softer as you run them under water. I just got a flossing toothbrush for my older one to try to move them to a regular brush and it is very very soft. I like it a lot. Got one for myself, too.

If you want really soft maybe try the flossing toothbrush.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Feb 13 2015, 12:03 pm
As long as the bristles are labeled "soft", anything will be fine.

IME, any brush that a toddler will use is a GOOD brush! Let your child pick out the color and pattern, and it's all good. If they don't like the one you picked out, there could be a fight about it.

BTDT!

mommyofboygirls

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:48 pm
http://www.amazon.com/SoFresh-.....brush

This is the flossing brush I have for me (well I have the adult one) and what I got for the kids. It is sooo soft. I really love it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics