Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Urgent advice needed on making pareve smoothie s

sitting

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:33 pm
Please help me from your own experience.
I have bought frozen berries to make smoothies with and pour in tall glasses. Here are my question's
1. Do I defrost berries before blending?
2. What do I add to berries? Pareve whip or pareve milk? Can I add water to stretch the drink?
3. How long can it sit in tall glasses before it separates etc....is an hour gonna be ok?
Thanks for tips and answers Smile

mommyofboygirls

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 4:53 pm
You don't need to defrost the berries. I would use parve milk instead of whip. Soy milk will make it creamier than say almond milk. You can add water, but it will separate faster. You can also add silken tofu to make it creamy and it will also take longer to separate. The tofu doesn't add any taste but makes it creamy and higher protein. I think an hour might be pushing it...but you can always stir it up quickly with a straw before serving. It will still be good.

Also, I know it sounds weird, but strawberries and fresh basil make an amazing smoothie.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:15 pm
I make parve smoothies using a fresh banana, frozen fruit, water, and sugar, blend it all together. Or you could substitute the water and sugar for apple juice or similar.

bfg

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:21 pm
I defrost the berries (depends how much liquid you use if berries should defrost)
In Vita-Mix
appx tablespoon oj concentrate, piece of ginger, half-lime
can of pineapple in its own juice (I use the kosher brands for size, if not, 1.5 cans dole)
blend
add one pack mangos, blend
add one pack strawberries blend
add some frozen blueberries.
I freeze in one cup containers. If I use mixed berries, it will be more gelatinous because of the pectin, therefore I use strawberries, and add blueberries.
I keep it strictly pareve and only fruits - do not add any non-dairy milk

abaker

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:33 pm
Frozen bananas and a scoop of almond butter, use any soy or almond milk and frozen berries

centurion

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 5:35 pm
strawberries and orange juice go well together. please don't put whip. don't defrost the berries

smss

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 6:34 pm
ya know, I would say don't defrost the berries, but if you're leaving them to sit for an hour, I think frozen berries would melt and make it watery. in that case, maybe defrosting the berries is the way to go. it'll be a different consistency, I guess more fruit-soupy than smoothie-like, but a smoothie made with frozen fruit is definitely not going to last for an hour, I think.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 6:44 pm
I don't defrost the fruit before and add juices to the blender when processing. I use the ceres juices that come in all different flavors.but u can just as well use apple juice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics