Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rudy Giuliani speaks out. Who's right Giuliani or Obama?

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:57 am

Mayor Giuliani, Gen. Shelton in Phoenix for Conference on Countering Islamic Fundamentalism, Nuclear-armed Iran

PHOENIX, Feb. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Mayor Rudy Giuliani and General Hugh Shelton, 14th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will be joined by Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, at a symposium Friday, February 13, 2015, from 3:30 to 5:30 pm at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel to discuss ways to counter Islamic Fundamentalism and prevent the Iranian regime from obtaining nuclear weapons. Former White House Director of Public Liaison, Linda Chavez will moderate the event, which is being organized by the Iranian American Community of Arizona.

Members of the Arizona Senate and House as well as other local officials are scheduled to participate at the event.

Friday's event comes amid growing concerns over U.S. security on the national as well as local level. Iran has stepped up its political, military and financial backing to the Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad, intensified its interference in Iraq by arming and directing terrorist Shiite militias under the guise of fighting ISIS, and continues to support terrorism across the Middle East.

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news......html

SOURCE Iranian American Community of Arizona

~~~~~~~~

Giuliani speaks out. Who's right Giuliani or Obama? Every week, new victims of terror. Obama says they're random acts of crime.

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:12 am
Before we all respond, can you please cite each instance in which President Obama has stated that acts of terror are in fact "random acts of crime." Direct quote, of course. For example, did he refer to the ISIS murders as "random acts of crime"? What about Boko Haram? Anything else? That will provide a good starting place for all of us.

Please see my quote below for one of President Obama's actual references to the random antisemitic killings that took place in the kosher market. Random, not targeted at particular persons, as were the Charlie Hebdo killings.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:18 am
When you say Obama, do you mean the same Obama who said America has a special obligation to provide foreign aid to Israel, not only because they are a valuable ally but due to recent world history and the fact that they are surrounded by hostile countries? That Obama? Yeah, what a bad guy. Really. Rolling Eyes

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:23 am

"........randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris".....

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:32 am
Mevater wrote:

"........randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris".....

Its been discussed here ad nauseum. Its clear that President Obama referred to that attack -- repeatedly -- as a terror attack. And terror attacks are indeed usually random. They don't target a specific individual. Again, read my signature.

And try again.

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:36 am
gp2.0 wrote:
When you say Obama, do you mean the same Obama who said America has a special obligation to provide foreign aid to Israel, not only because they are a valuable ally but due to recent world history and the fact that they are surrounded by hostile countries? That Obama? Yeah, what a bad guy. Really. Rolling Eyes

Last summer -- “From the moment that terrorist rockets began to rain down on Israel, this Administration, from President Obama on down, has made it clear: Israel has the same, unequivocal right to self-defense as every other nation. No nation can accept terrorists tunneling into its territory or rockets crashing down on its people…Israel is not alone—not in war, not in peace.”

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:39 am
I think Guliani is correct that Obama has been reluctant to label Islamic terror as Islamic.

"Violent extremism"
"ISIS isn't Islamic"

and all that nonsense for whch he has been repeatedly called out by people from all over the political spectrum except the very far left.

And the very idea of allowing Iran to possess nuclear weapons is so horrific, I can't imagine any sane, well-intentioned person enabling this.

None of this is anything new.

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:40 am
Barbara wrote:
Its been discussed here ad nauseum. Its clear that President Obama referred to that attack -- repeatedly -- as a terror attack. And terror attacks are indeed usually random. They don't target a specific individual. Again, read my signature.

And try again.

I dont think Obama is a bad person. I just dont think he seems frightening and serious enough to our enemies and I think he is dealing with terrorism too softly. If its a question of underreacting and underprotecting US citizens from terror or over reacting and overprotecting, I go for the latter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics