Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ben Sion Caterer from Crown Heights

amother

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:26 pm
How is his food and presentation?

aidelmaidel

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 10:14 pm
There are 2 caterers named bentzion in crown heights. Bentzion cohen and bentzion turk. Which one are we talking about? Turk has a facebook page with GORGEOUS pics.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 11:46 pm
Ben Sion Kohen or Cohen

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
Ben Sion Kohen or Cohen

BenSion Kohen is probably the longest running caterer in Crown Heights. The food is good, presentation is decent. You can ask to see pics.

Are you on a budget?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 3:33 pm
The hall I am using only allows certain caterers in and he is one of them. I never heard of him before. I am not on a strict budget but on the other hand I am not looking to pay $65.00 a person for a simcha. Is he considered an expensive caterer or considered more of a budget type of catererer?

aidelmaidel

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
The hall I am using only allows certain caterers in and he is one of them. I never heard of him before. I am not on a strict budget but on the other hand I am not looking to pay $65.00 a person for a simcha. Is he considered an expensive caterer or considered more of a budget type of catererer?

I don't know which hall you are using, but all of the big ones in crown heights allow both Bentzion caterers - Kohen and Turk. (Razag, Oholei Torah/Menachem, Lubavitch Yeshiva, Bais Rivkah Lefferts, etc).

Turk is definitely the fancier of the two.

Kohen will work with what ever budget you have generally (also if you are using Devorah Benjamin). But fancier will get you more expensive.

Kohen catered my first wedding. Turks are our friends.

Feel free to PM if you have more questions.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 11:58 pm
Who is Devorah Benjamin?

cip

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:08 am
ben sion kohen is a very nice guy to work with. he is not overpriced. does nice professional work. decent and presentable very fresh and tasty but not over the top fancy. turk is above average.

aidelmaidel

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:46 am
Are you making a lubavitch wedding? If yes, devorah runs www.kscvk.org, keren simchas chosson vkallah, an organization that helps make weddings.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2011, 7:32 pm
I am making a Bar Mitzvah. The hall gave me four kosher choices. One of them is out of the question because I don't think some of my guests would eat under that Rav's hasgacha. So my three choices I am left with is Main Event, Scoops or BenSion Kohen.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 12:07 pm
BUMP
Not OP but I wanted to know if anybody had an experience with Bension Kohen Catering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics