Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child health plus - full premium ??

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:21 pm
Help . I'm in a panic . We are finishing our 2014 tax return and realized we are beyond the income limit for getting subsidized child health plus ... The next step is full premium. Anybody out there do this ? How much do you pay? I'm in Kings county ..

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 10:30 pm
how much are you making that you would have to pay the full premium? what is the full premium?

We make close to 80k a year and our premium is only 30 dollars for one child.

I would suggest calling yeled viyalda.

abby1776

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:33 pm
I think that in NY you can't pay more than $45 a kid for up to 3 kids.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:48 pm
OP here.

Thx for the replies. We were paying $60/kid until now, which is the highest monthly premium on a subsidized plan, in NY.

Bh our income increased and we will now need to pay the full premium for whatever plan we choose.

I am looking to hear from someone who has been in this situation... Anyone ??

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:48 pm
abby1776 wrote:

That's not true. You can pay a lot more. It depends on your plan and it is not so easy to get the information. I pay full rate and it is much higher.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:51 pm
OP.

Above amother - can you give me an idea of the full rate ? What plan you selected and why ?

I'm really nervous about paying full rates for five kids ...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 10:41 am
not op, but bumping because I need to know too.

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:15 am
I pay full premium of about 175 per kid for united health care community plan. In Brooklyn.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:19 am
Thank you mommyfirst, that's very helpful. Is the amount capped at some point, or is it $175 per child, no matter how many children you have?
Also, everything is covered? no copays?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
not op, but bumping because I need to know too.

I pay the full premium for each child. I am above the income limits. (Almost doesn't pay to make that extra bit of money per year.. ssiiiigggh)
The rates vary by company, but average is about 200.00 per child per month. There are some cheaper ones and some more expensive ones, but you choose whatever your kids doctors and dentists accept...

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
Thank you mommyfirst, that's very helpful. Is the amount capped at some point, or is it $175 per child, no matter how many children you have?
Also, everything is covered? no copays?

Unfortunately, no, its not capped. It doesn't matter how many children you have.
Yes, everything is covered. No copays no deductibles. You get the same value as you have gotten before, and the same as anyone under medicaid receives. Its the exact same plan, you just pay more for it because you are not eligible for a reduced premium.

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:35 am
Yes above posters correct. I pay pull premium for 5 kids so comes out close to 1000k/ month just for kids ! But it's same exact plan , and I like it so we're sticking with it for now ..

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 11:38 am
I was paying 150 a child for child health plus Fidelis for about 2 years. Not sure y and I am not complaining at all they pushed my premium down one month to 9 a kid. 18 total.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 1:32 pm
abby1776 wrote:

That's the max for assisted chp. Then you jump into the next tax bracket and suddenly you're paying $175 per kid instead of $45 per kid.

It's like they calculated incomes up to a certain point, then got lazy and said what the heck, no more need for staggered payments, everyone above this income will just pay in full.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 1:33 pm
But I'm seeing so many different numbers here than the numbers I was told...these numbers are all over the place lol. Guess it depends on a few different factors, how many kids, amount of income, insurance plan.

Maya

Post Tue, Dec 22 2015, 2:05 pm
We have CHP Wellcare, and pay $141 per month, per kid. That's their cap on full premium.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics