Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
PB filled chcolate hamantaschen! (oil for filling?)

OutATowner

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 12:12 pm
Found this recipe on overtimecook.com. It looks so good. Looks like a lot of steps but really the only difference is melting the chocolate.
I know their was a thread about using oil in the dough (which I plan on doing), but do you think I can use oil instead of margarine in the filling?

Ingredients
6 ounces melted chocolate, slightly cooled
2 sticks (1 cup) butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla excract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup cocoa powder
2½ cups flour
for the filling:
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt the chocolate (preferably double boiler style) and set aside to cool slightly while starting the dough.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the margarine and sugars on a medium speed, until creamy.
Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and melted chocolate and beat until combined.
Turn the mixer to low, and add the cocoa powder and flour, slowly, and mix until just combined. The texture will be of a stiff dough.
To make the filling: combine all ingredients until smooth. (It may be easiest to do this with a mixer, but you can definitely do it by hand as well.)
To assemble the hamantaschen: Lightly flour a work surface, and roll out the dough to about ⅛ of an inch thickness. (A little thicker is fine, but if the dough is too thick it will be hard to shape.)
Cut circles of the dough using a circle cookie cutter or the bottom of a glass. Place about a half a teaspoon of the peanut butter filling in the center. Do not overfill.
Bring the three sides of the circle together to form the hamantaschen shape. Pinch the edges together tightly.
Place the hamantaschen on the tray and repeat with remaining dough and filling. Leave a bit of room between the hamantaschen to allow for spreading.
Bake the hamantaschen at 350 for 10 minutes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins