Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
MAM Glow In the Dark Pacifier- Does it Help?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:25 pm
S/t my baby wakes up in the middle of the night for her paci. I search and search and she cries louder and louder. Does the MAM glow in the dark paci help? Does it really glow? I'm in Israel and don't want to pay close to $10.00 (like 38 shekel) if it doesn't work well.

chaya35

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:29 pm
Yes they do glow in the dark. I love them.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:59 pm
I love them too.

YChannah

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:00 pm
they glow in the dark, can be found easily, I like them a lot.

redroses

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:06 pm
In my experience, they lose the glow after a while. It's like any glow in the dark item, it "fuels" up on light but once in the dark for a while they no longer glow.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:38 pm
Why not use a clip at night.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:21 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Why not use a clip at night.

Too dangerous. Even if it were safe, when she has a clip, she plays a game of pulling the cord which yanks the paci out. She's not great at putting it back in and would probably start crying and might try the game several times.

mommyla

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:53 pm
amother wrote:
Too dangerous. Even if it were safe, when she has a clip, she plays a game of pulling the cord which yanks the paci out. She's not great at putting it back in and would probably start crying and might try the game several times.

If she doesn't move around her crib, clip a spare to the sheet far away from her (or clip it onto something else nearby but not in the crib), or just keep one on her dresser or in some other accessible place. That way you'll always have one handy.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:58 pm
mommyla wrote:
If she doesn't move around her crib, clip a spare to the sheet far away from her (or clip it onto something else nearby but not in the crib), or just keep one on her dresser or in some other accessible place. That way you'll always have one handy.

Good idea!

mommyyy

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 8:23 pm
I have but don't find they work too well. Mine glow brightly only when I take my daughter inside from being out in the sun, but not too much when they are lost under the crib! I have a bucket of spare pacis at all times...

mommy321

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:44 am
You can also put a net around the crib, with or without the paci.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:01 am
Sorry, but if it's during the night, let her get over it. Unless this is a newborn or preemie or special needs child. Do you need to suck while you sleep? Neither does baby. Suck to relax, suck to stall for food, suck to digest. But not while sleeping.

spikta

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 5:34 am
We have the Avent glow in the dark. It only glows for the 10-20 minutes after the light is turned off. We also have nighttime pacifier store...

amother

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:59 pm
Yes it really does. I thought I was hallucinating the first time I put it into my baby's mouth in the dark and he had this glow....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics