Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
The coolest way to peel eggs!

bepositive

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 3:09 am

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 6:01 am
That was cool! Thanks for sharing Smile

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:06 am
Bet you anything this works only for eggs that are not brand new tiptop fresh. Reason? very fresh eggs have no air space between the egg and the shell, and that is what makes them hard to peel. Older eggs have developed an air pocket at one end. Break the shell at the air pocket, air gets between the egg and the shell membrane, and the rest is simple.

What with Pesach on the way we will all have ample opportunity to test the theory.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:02 am

tymama

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:13 am
I think I'm gonna make hard boiled eggs for lunch just to try these out! So cool LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 11:52 am
WHOA! shock

Mind. Blown. The cup trick looks awesome.

I would only blow on the eggs if I were to eat them myself, and not serve them to others. Don't want to share germs, you know?

I love the Russian guy, he totally cracks me up! LOL

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:53 pm
I thought he was saying "Bald eggs", meaning peeled, LOL! I think I'll call them that from now on and add it to our repertoire of family expressions. Maybe I'll start drawing mustachioed faces on hard-cooked eggs, leave out any sign of a hairline on top, and thus have actual bald eggs for the youngsters.

Seriously, blowing out the eggs? By the time you mess around with peeling the top and bottom, you may as well just insert a spoon between the egg and the shell and get the whole thing out in one fell scoop. The whole blow-it-out-the-other-end thing is for ejecting raw eggs so you can dry and fill the shells with confetti, then break the confetti eggs over people's heads on Easter.

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
WHOA! shock

I would only blow on the eggs if I were to eat them myself, and not serve them to others. Don't want to share germs, you know?

You have to eat the egg the Russian way: chased with a shot of straight vodka. That'll take care of the germ problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics