Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Aaaaargh BEDBUGS!!! Please help......

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 2:33 pm
Someone borrowed my crib and returned it, along with all the linen etc, with bed bugs!!
I put it into my kids room not knowing this, and after my baby woke up bitten a few nights in a row I realised the "gift" it had been returned with! And I have already found 5 live ones...
Please help me get rid of them! I am washing all the linen and quilts in that room. How do I know how far it has spread? Do I need to empty out the cupboards and wash every piece of clothing? Can it have spread to the rest of the house through the laundry? How to I remove them from the crib? What do I do? Will they ever be gone?????
I am completely freaked out. Someone who has conquered these awful bugs please help.....

chips1

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:03 pm
I can just imagine how you're feeling. I went through the "bed bug nightmare" a few months ago. We called the exterminator since we live in a building and were "expecting" to get them since our neighbors had warned us. We caught it pretty early though, but was still a hassle.. I would call an exterminator ASAP before it really spreads.. They'll tell check in closets too and tell you how/what to wash (high heat in dryer kills bugs). Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:33 pm
Please call an exterminator right away, and don't try to treat it by yourself. That is the worst possible thing to do. We live in a building that started having a problem when the home care attendant who stays with my elderly neighbor brought them in. She was too nervous to tell the lady's children, and tried to treat them on her own, which caused them to spread like crazy! Several apartments, mine included, ended up with them. B"H the problem was very small, in my case, but some of my neighbors required several treatments in order to get rid of them.

Bottom line, yes, they are awful and a massive pain to deal with, but if you have a thorough exterminator, and you follow his directions, you should be able to get rid of them. Right now, if you've used your washing machine for the infested linen, you should run a bleach cycle to make sure you've killed any eggs or tiny bedbugs that could have remained. All laundry should be dried on HIGH. Any laundry that you haven't gotten around to washing should be kept in a sealed bag, so that anything in there will not get out.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. I've been there and done that, and it's not fun, but a good exterminator will help restore your sanity. Hatzlacha! Hug

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 6:58 pm
I'm not op. How do you wash you clothes? If you run the washer and dryer on hot the delicate clothes will get ruined.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:32 pm
amother wrote:
Please call an exterminator right away, and don't try to treat it by yourself. That is the worst possible thing to do. We live in a building that started having a problem when the home care attendant who stays with my elderly neighbor brought them in. She was too nervous to tell the lady's children, and tried to treat them on her own, which caused them to spread like crazy! Several apartments, mine included, ended up with them. B"H the problem was very small, in my case, but some of my neighbors required several treatments in order to get rid of them.

Bottom line, yes, they are awful and a massive pain to deal with, but if you have a thorough exterminator, and you follow his directions, you should be able to get rid of them. Right now, if you've used your washing machine for the infested linen, you should run a bleach cycle to make sure you've killed any eggs or tiny bedbugs that could have remained. All laundry should be dried on HIGH. Any laundry that you haven't gotten around to washing should be kept in a sealed bag, so that anything in there will not get out.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this. I've been there and done that, and it's not fun, but a good exterminator will help restore your sanity. Hatzlacha! Hug

not op but also have problems from a neighbor. are you in brooklyn? if yes, can you tell me which exterminator you used? I've had 3 here already and have done many different kinds of treatments and I am getting really frustrated and fed up!
we know the source of the problem but can't do anything about it so we need to deal with it from our end as best we can.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry