Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Cinnamon bun, redone

buster

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:29 am
I've been on the search for a healthy cinnamon bun recipe. Everything I've tried has come out dense and unsatisfactory. I want that stretchy, gooey consistency without having to use butter or margarine...

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 8:17 am
I use a fluffy challah recipe. Roll it thin,(here's the problem) door with margarine, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar, also some brown sugar. Slice and place I pan. Some put a syrup in the pan first.(sticky buns I the by cookbook). Some drizzle with a glaze after they're cooked.

Terri

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:03 am
I love the idea of using (my healthy) challah dough. Anyone know a filling without white sugar (honey stevia maple syrup or xylitol is fine)?

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:10 am
OOohhh, this sounds spot on what I'm on the hunt for as well.

Also, I'd be interested in your healthy, fluffy Challa recipes, sorry to hijack thread.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:22 am
buster wrote:
I've been on the search for a healthy cinnamon bun recipe. Everything I've tried has come out dense and unsatisfactory. I want that stretchy, gooey consistency without having to use butter or margarine...

Maybe try coconut oil instead of the marg

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 9:25 am
I love these.

http://minimalistbaker.com/the.....olls/

spring13

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:37 am
There's a recipe for full-size ones in her cookbook that I LOVE. The cool thing is that she uses applesauce instead of butter/margarine in the filling. Even my DH, who's not into fruit substituting for other things, thought these were yummy.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.c.....olls/

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 10:45 am
spring13 wrote:
There's a recipe for full-size ones in her cookbook that I LOVE. The cool thing is that she uses applesauce instead of butter/margarine in the filling. Even my DH, who's not into fruit substituting for other things, thought these were yummy.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.c.....olls/

Can you post the one for full size? These look rather dry.

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 3:38 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I love these.

http://minimalistbaker.com/the.....olls/

OOOHHHH thank you, thank you, thank you! These worked!! Smile I'm really excited. Sorry I totally stole this thread but hopefully this is encouraging to OP- This is a good recipe (spoken from someone who's had quite a bit of failed attempts) I used coconut oil which gave it a funky kick that DH and I are not obsessed with but aside from that, the texture was great, it rose beautifully, and I'm really happy right now :p. I'd post a picture if it were not so complicated.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 3:41 pm
Sounds yum! Send some over Smile

coconutbutter

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 3:42 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Sounds yum! Send some over Smile

Come get it while it's hot Smile. And before I finish the pan myself, ah!

mommy321

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 2:13 am
If you get refined coconut oil, it's still healthy but doesn't have a coconut taste. Works for everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking