Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
ISO Amazing, easy ice cream recipe - pareve preferred

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:12 pm
I am making a huge quantity of ice cream and I need a very good and easy ice cream recipe. ice cream cake is also fine. I would really really prefer pareve, but if you have an easy one I can make that is milchig, I'll take that, too.

Thanks Smile

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:42 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I am making a huge quantity of ice cream and I need a very good and easy ice cream recipe. ice cream cake is also fine. I would really really prefer pareve, but if you have an easy one I can make that is milchig, I'll take that, too.

Thanks Smile

IMO, this one is best since you don't need to separate the eggs. I got it someplace on this site, but don't know where so I can't credit the person who posted it:

Parve Ice Cream Recipe without Separated Eggs

2 - 8 oz. Rich’s Whip
4 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar

On medium speed, beat eggs in mixer until they are a nice lemony color. Add liquid topping, vanilla extract, and sugar. Continue to mix until you get the right ice cream consistency.
Freeze in container.

Note: For a non-vanilla version, you can flavor the ice cream any which way you’d like.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:47 pm
Thanks OOTBubby. Have you made it before? Is it a good ice cream consistency?

Thanks!

On a different note, if anyone has any good topping/crunch ideas, I'll take 'em!

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:49 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Thanks OOTBubby. Have you made it before? Is it a good ice cream consistency?

Thanks!

On a different note, if anyone has any good topping/crunch ideas, I'll take 'em!

I've made it many times; it's my go to pareve ice cream recipe. Consistency is great; just beat the eggs for a long time before adding the other stuff. And don't make more than a double batch at once; it may overflow your bowl.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:06 pm
Cookies and cream ice cream pie
Chocolate graham cracker crust
1 16 oz whip (unwipped, fully defrosted)
11 crush chocolate sandwich cookies.
Place cookies in crust. Pour over whip. Freeze until fully set.
Serve drizzled with chocolate syrup and crushed chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs. I've also seen with 1/2 a chocolate sandwich cookie sticking out of the top of each slice.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:13 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I've made it many times; it's my go to pareve ice cream recipe. Consistency is great; just beat the eggs for a long time before adding the other stuff. And don't make more than a double batch at once; it may overflow your bowl.

Thanks so much! Have you ever had it that the eggs separate from the mixture or fall once you add the sugar and whip? I've tried a very similar recipe from the Silver Spoon cookbook and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

Also, have you ever tried to mix anything into the ice cream? Like cookie dough bits, cookie pieces, etc?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:14 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
Thanks so much! Have you ever had it that the eggs separate from the mixture or fall once you add the sugar and whip? I've tried a very similar recipe from the Silver Spoon cookbook and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

Also, have you ever tried to mix anything into the ice cream? Like cookie dough bits, cookie pieces, etc?

Never had it fall or separate. I've mixed in some things on occasion -- I remember making a peanut butter ripple with it; not sure of others.

mama says

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 6:06 pm
This is a very easy recipe without the worry of using raw eggs. My family & friends love it! I got the recipe from a friend. I have never added anything to it.

1 16 oz container frozen whip
1 lg container marshmallo fluf

Whip fluff until soft peaks form. Then gently blend the marshmallo fluff in.
Honestly, I'm not sure if sometimes there are streaks or clumps of fluff that don't totally mix in, but you will never be able to tell.

If you are doing this for something special, which it sounds like you are, I recommend that you try the different recipes to see what works/tastes most like you are looking for.

Shopmiami49

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 8:10 am
OOTBubby, it flopped Sad

The only thing I can think of that would have made a difference is that I used a defrosted Rich's whip. It just never got thick. I had it in the mixer for a little while, but it just would not fluff up.

I froze it anyway, so we'll see how that works out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics