Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
PSA: Express appreciation

amother

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 7:02 am
My brother is a writer for one of the well known family magazines in the Frum world. I know he works hard to be creative, keep up with deadlines, and stay innovative. In every other job setting (ideally) you get to reap the results of your work. You get positive feedback, and see the fruit of your labor eventually.

Writing however, puts you behind the curtain and limits the amount of interaction that a writer would like to have with his readers. My heart goes out to him that he never has anyone write in giving positive feedback for his talented writing. I know I've often read an article I enjoyed but did not take the time to write to the editors and let them know. But now, being on the other side of the table I see how much my brother seeks some form of feedback, and he really deserves it!

So Please, if you enjoy/benefit from an article, story or your child enjoys a particular feature- share! share share!

Thanks in advance.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 11:59 am
We do plenty of that in my magazine fans facebook group Smile But we also criticize.

Simple1

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 12:52 pm
Did he leave contact info at the end of the article? Lately I personally have not had much time for magazine reading - but I imagine that those who read a lot would not have time to comment about every article. But I understand the desire for feedback.

Also, for many many jobs, workers do NOT reap the results of their work, other than a paycheck. In fact, I always thought that writers get gratification just from seeing their piece in print and actually published.- I heard that many aspiring writers have a hard time getting even to that point. The fact that the magazine keeps publishing his work does mean that his writing lives up to their standard.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room