Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Closeout Connection Linen sets

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 12:39 pm

I have 2 of the Closeout Connection Linen sets in two colors/patterns, see photo. Ive washed both an equal amount of times. For some reason the pink set has no loose hanging threads at all, its brand new looking, and the blue/gold one has loads of hanging threads (not at seams, all over the fabric). Is it possible that the fabric/yarn used was different and made one more prone to loose threads?

I know these are very popular sets. Does anyone have this problem?

zaq

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 1:06 pm
CC does not manufacture anything itself. They buy from anyone who will give them a good deal. "private label" goods are made by different companies--some good, some not so good-- that will put your label on their stuff. So CC brand can come from any company willing to put the CC label on the stuff they make.Items with the same label may have been made in different factories in different countries on different continents, so the only thing your two sets of linens have in common may be the CC label.

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 2:09 pm
zaq wrote:
CC does not manufacture anything itself. They buy from anyone who will give them a good deal. "private label" goods are made by different companies--some good, some not so good-- that will put your label on their stuff. So CC brand can come from any company willing to put the CC label on the stuff they make.Items with the same label may have been made in different factories in different countries on different continents, so the only thing your two sets of linens have in common may be the CC label.

Possible, but the very unique luxury "fagoting" at the ends of pillow cases is absolutely identical on both sets. My guess its from the same company just diff fabric quality.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 3:59 pm
I happen to have two sets of dishes of the same pattern by the same company, bought at the same time in the same store. One made in one country and the other in another country. I never even noticed till one day having not enough to do, I turned over a plate and read "made in Korea" . I thought the dishes were made in Japan, so I turned over another dish and read "made inJapan." Then I turned them all over, half made in Korea and half in Japan. There's a very slight difference in quality--the screen-print design on one set is slightly finer, and the mug handles are also slightly finer, but I can tell only because I've been using them so long and have scrutinized them so closely. When they were new I never noticed.

Manufacturers have higher- and lower-end lines which may look similar but use different quality materials, be more or less generous with the cut, use more or less labor-intensive processes, and so on. The ines usually have different names like Anne Klein and Anne Klein II. But they also sell their excess, or the ones that don't pass quality control, to companies like Closeout Connection and National Wholesale Liquidators on the condition that they not use the real brand name. So when you buy Closeout Connection, you can be getting anybody's stuff, good, bad or indifferent. You have no way of knowing until you use it if it's going to be any good.

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
Manufacturers have higher- and lower-end lines which may look similar but use different quality materials, be more or less generous with the cut, use more or less labor-intensive processes, and so on.

I see lots of trashy clothing and housewares, being sold with high price tags in Saks, Bergdorfs and Barneys, etc. I trust my instinct, and it usually doesnt fail me. Ive gotten quality stuff that impresses people without brand names, many times.

Interestingly, I was in the store today after posting the above about the hanging threads, and I looked at all the sets on display. The pattern I have a problem with, is the ONLY one in CC with hanging threads (they actually have this pillowcase on display with quite a few threads hanging from it), but I love it anyhow, Ill just cut the threads or even better, if I have patience, Ill try to pull them thru from the other side.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 5:33 pm
What do you mean, about CC label? The packaging on the linen sets do not say Closeout Connections anywhere on the label. It has a no-name company on it. I actually saw at least two different company names on their linen sets. I guess it's possible that the company names on the packaging are CC 's various labels for other manufacturers' closeouts.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 4:10 pm
aren't closeouts second quality to begin with ... why would you expect any better

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 4:26 pm
greenfire wrote:
aren't closeouts second quality to begin with ... why would you expect any better

I dont think this specific store carries second quality items. I think they specialize in items that their neighborhood (frum) clientele buy all the time, like tablecloths, bed linen, dishes, cookware, disposable dishes, etc and they buy in huge quantities. Maybe they carry some not current tapes and books, but most of their stuff is current and def same quality as in department stores. I think they custom make the tablecloths and bed linen specifically for their stores, because I dont see lots of that stuff in other stores in these patterns.

Riffy

Post Sat, Feb 21 2015, 11:59 pm
Sorry to hijack this thread but I figured best place to post it. I bought 2 sets of linen from closeout connection because they only sell 48" linen with twin size quilt covers and I have full size quilts. Brand new!

So now I have a beautiful set of brand new linen for sale. The (2) light blue sheets with a subtle stripe are full size and the (2) quilt covers with the gold pattern are twin size. 2 striped pillowcases + 2 patterned pillowcases.

I can ship and willing to sell separately.

$75 for the whole set. PM for separate prices.

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 12:34 am
Riffy wrote:
So now I have a beautiful set of brand new linen for sale. The (2) light blue sheets with a subtle stripe are full size and the (2) quilt covers with the gold pattern are twin size. 2 striped pillowcases + 2 patterned pillowcases.

I dont get it, if larger (54") sheets, generally come with larger quilt covers, why are they doing the unusual, and selling larger sheets with twin size comforter covers?

I doubt youre the only one with this problem. What are the other people who bought this size set, and thought the comforter covers would be larger, doing with their twin size comforter covers?

Am I not understanding something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics