Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I hate weddings!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:47 am
Im down now. My bro n laws wedding is tuesday. Had a crazy hard time finding a gown, finally found one and gave it into the seamstress for some alterations. I got it back on thursday but was in a rush to try it on. Tried it on tonight and gosh- it looks terrible! And I need to go back to the seamstress! And I work almost full time!
I hate last minute!
I really needed a new outfit for sheva brochos as well and did some shopping but couldnt find anything.
Now im just feeling overwhelmed, disappointed and upset about the flop of my gown.
I know its just a dress! But im gonna be somewhat in the limelight And that stresses me out too!

rachel22

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:55 am
As they say 'this too will pass'
I had a horrible exprience as a bride for my wedding dress .. It came out really bad I was literately crying the day of the wedding. And I was in spot light . But u knw onve the wedding started and the dancing and all, I didn't pay attention much and looking back I wish didn't stress so much over it. The pictures came out not so bad, I wnjoyed the night and that's what counts. Hope it works out for you! Hatzalacha and try to have fun!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 2:52 am
OP, can I make a suggestion - well, two actually?

1) Take it to a different seamstress, one that a friend has been really happy with - even if it costs a bit more...

2) If you can't find a sheva brochos dress, look for some sort of top/jacket to add to an existing skirt - only you will know it isn't a totally new outfit!

Hatzlocho - and mazel tov Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics