Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for travel buddy
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:27 pm
Smiling mom, just to lay out the jewish guilt. Your going on vacation while it is your fathers 87th birthday.
Do you think you can enjoy when your not celebrating with him! LOL
Love the "responsible" sister.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:36 pm
What Saba's 87th birthday is coming up!?
I have a great idea, ma. Why not fly the whole family down for a big birthday bash and celebrate together?
I can use a vacation Twisted Evil Don't you agree dear aunt Wink

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:58 pm
Yes Saba birthdate is when you mom is away! Maybe split pea wants to join us at a party!
But seriously let's plan something. Call me.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:18 pm
amother wrote:
Smiling mom, just to lay out the jewish guilt. Your going on vacation while it is your fathers 87th birthday.
Do you think you can enjoy when your not celebrating with him! LOL
Love the "responsible" sister.

Sorry, I don't have a conscious, much less a guilty conscious.
I'll call him, if I get service at the beach.

Love, the party sister.

granolamom

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:41 pm
greenfire wrote:
you don't like my answer ...

no it's not weird
it does not mean your marriage is on the rocks
it means you are 2 people with different needs - at times - other times you intertwine

or it means you need one of you to stay home with the kids and you have such a strong marriage that your dh is willing to take on your role for a few days so you can get a break, even though he'd love nothing more than to go with you!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:25 pm
I second celebrating Saba's birthday in Florida. Especially cuz he would actually remember it, lol.
We can invite all non-ax-murdering imamothers.

To Guilty Wives Who Need a Vacation: It goes like this: Hi DH, I just reserved hotel/plane/car rental for mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy. I can still adjust it if you'd like to join. If not, that's ok. I'll leave a detailed to do list regarding child care along with schedules. Because I love you, I'll add hatzala's number to the list in case of emergency. Unfortunately, I will not have cell phone coverage where I am going.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

OTOH, my mil wanted to take the kids on winter vacation. I thought, ge gezunt but I'm not wasting my vacation days on my mil. I said, I really can't take off from work at that time. And sent dh and kids. I kept baby, stayed at my parents, worked a regular schedule, and went out on different nights, which is more then I get out in a year, so it was awesome for me. (added bonus, dh came back with full appreciation for what I actually do with kids and home on a daily basis). It was closest thing I got to a vacation in my whole life and it was AMAZING!!

so there are your two options.

Splitpea- if you can't get someone to go with, go by yourself.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 10:09 pm
SplitPea wrote:
I am needing a vacation badly. Dh can't take off and has told me to feel free to take one myself. I don't really want to go anywhere along. Anyone out there equally need a vacation and open to being travel buddies? I am open on locations, Israel, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hawaii, I am really open. I just need to get away for a bit.

If this is something you would be seriously interested in please let me know (please be willing to play Jewish geography and/or give references before travel plans are made - I would happily do the same)

I am not looking for something luxurious and will NOT be looking at 5 star places. Honestly money is tight but I NEED to get away so financially I will be cutting corners as much as I can and hope to find an equally frugal but fun loving travel buddy.

back to basics ... did you get somewhere ? send us a post card Cool

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:00 am
amother wrote:
I second celebrating Saba's birthday in Florida. Especially cuz he would actually remember it, lol.
We can invite all non-ax-murdering imamothers.

To Guilty Wives Who Need a Vacation: It goes like this: Hi DH, I just reserved hotel/plane/car rental for mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy. I can still adjust it if you'd like to join. If not, that's ok. I'll leave a detailed to do list regarding child care along with schedules. Because I love you, I'll add hatzala's number to the list in case of emergency. Unfortunately, I will not have cell phone coverage where I am going.

There, that wasn't so hard, was it?

OTOH, my mil wanted to take the kids on winter vacation. I thought, ge gezunt but I'm not wasting my vacation days on my mil. I said, I really can't take off from work at that time. And sent dh and kids. I kept baby, stayed at my parents, worked a regular schedule, and went out on different nights, which is more then I get out in a year, so it was awesome for me. (added bonus, dh came back with full appreciation for what I actually do with kids and home on a daily basis). It was closest thing I got to a vacation in my whole life and it was AMAZING!!

so there are your two options.

Splitpea- if you can't get someone to go with, go by yourself.

What's the second option? Have your mil take my kids on vacation?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:32 am
I do not recommend sending my mil with anybody's kids! But if you can't go on vacation by yourself, send everyone else away for a vacation, and enjoy a stay-cation by yourself.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics