Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Iso Old clothing gemach

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:19 pm
Where can I bring old clothes to in Brooklyn? Needs to be a place that will sort the clothes themselves...
I'm not physically capable of sorting good from bad now, and if I can't find whom to give to I'm just going to toss everything.
Tia.

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:36 pm
Also would love to know. It's such a hassle to sort through things when we really don't even know the standards for acceptance. It would be great if there were a gemach that would just take the lot and whatever they don't want they can have some arrangement with a recycling company - there are places that buy fabric for rags/recycling/something.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:13 pm
Bump

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:21 pm
http://www.pickpurple.org

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:31 pm
Ty. Left a message with them.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:44 pm
If you want your clothes to be worn by those in need, check into the place you are donating to. Most of these places sell the clothes by the pound for recycling rags and use the profits as your tzedakah to them. Which means you didn't end up giving much, just a few dollars for bags and bags of clothes.

SingALong

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:11 pm
Any clothing bins in your neighborhood? I have a few in my town, bina and binny, purple pear, other organizations. I think they separate it and the good things are given to local families while the things that can't be worn anymore are sold as rags. It specifies on the bins.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:23 pm
SingALong wrote:
Any clothing bins in your neighborhood? I have a few in my town, bina and binny, purple pear, other organizations. I think they separate it and the good things are given to local families while the things that can't be worn anymore are sold as rags. It specifies on the bins.
This is where I have been sending my good clothes that I want to give away lately. There are no Jewish owned bins out there in my neighborhood, which is a real shame, but I have not been able to find Jewish organizations locally that actually give the clothes to people, so... At least someone gets good use out of my clothes.
Where do you find these Jewish owned bins btw?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics