Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
School naps

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:47 pm
my 3yr old kh ds is in a neighborhood play group-- I always had a hard time putting him to sleep at night and over pesach relized it was because of the long nap he takes in school so I started picking him up early every day 12:45 insread of 2:45
is this normal?
what can I do the school will just tell me this is the schedule?

(they nap the kids from 12:45-2:15)
ds is one of the older ones in the class but is this normal for this age?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 9:32 pm
anyone??

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 9:46 pm
B"H my son's preschool decided they have quiet reading time instead..

Basically because, well the kids were not napping anyways. But I think atmost 45 min of rest.

The old preschool, I always had problems with how long the kids rested, crazy

chen

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 11:08 pm
an hour and a half nap sounds way too long for a three-year-old. Back when I taught preschool in the last century, if they napped half an hour that was a lot. (To me it always seemed like ten minutes Confused )

Try discussing the issue with some other parents, and if they are like-minded, approach the administration as a group. If the other parents are happy with the current schedule, explain your problem to the teacher and ask her to allow your son to do some quiet activity like coloring or 'reading' for 45 minutes to an hour. since the other children are younger, they may in fact need such a long nap, but your ds clearly does not.

If they are not willing to accommodate you, start looking around for another group.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 12:23 pm
An hour and a half nap?! You pay for that!? Why not simply dismiss them an hour and a half earlier? Oh, it's a babysitting service!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers