Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Why do we keep getting sick?
Previous  1  2

Tweedy

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:56 am
Kumphort wrote:
No advice but was going to come here to post something similar so looking for good responses.

Same here, I'm also losing it, but in our family I get sick the most and it's so hard on us. I'm so sick right now!!!! Ready to cry.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 3:20 am
I just brought for my kids syrup with vitamins and echinacea. One of them dont like the taste. How can I get her to take it? And for my self I brought the same in tablet form. I brought it at the pharmacy.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 8:53 am
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....7VEGK

I put it into juice or soda and give it to my kids. it's really good.

myself

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 8:58 am
I give it to my kids in a half glass of orange juice.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:28 am
Thanks

studying_torah

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:36 am
My kids also keep getting sick so I bought vitamins. However the gummy ones ( without gelatin) all have corn syrup and lots of sugar which I don't want to use. I bought melt able tablets but my kids hate them ; one kid even throws up from it.
Any good vitamins that taste decent and don't have loads of garbage?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:48 am
Some of these syrups and tablets are full of junk! Read the ingredients. I once bought an immune boosting liquid w/o checking ingredients. After giving it for a week and sstill no results, I read the ingredients. the second ingredient was some kind of artificial sweetener!!! Of course the kid wasn't getting better. Sugar fights the white blood cells which are there to help us heal.

I did well with a warm air vaporizer in the kids' room. I put it up every night. that got rid of sniffles bh AND it is extrememly helpful for hte eczema that one kid suffers from.

smss

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Some of these syrups and tablets are full of junk! Read the ingredients. I once bought an immune boosting liquid w/o checking ingredients. After giving it for a week and sstill no results, I read the ingredients. the second ingredient was some kind of artificial sweetener!!! Of course the kid wasn't getting better. Sugar fights the white blood cells which are there to help us heal.

I did well with a warm air vaporizer in the kids' room. I put it up every night. that got rid of sniffles bh AND it is extrememly helpful for hte eczema that one kid suffers from.

I know, that drives me crazy.
here's the elderberry syrup recipe I use- it contains elderberries, distilled water, raw honey, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. MUCH cheaper than storebought also.
http://wellnessmama.com/1888/e.....yrup/

since that recipe contains honey, I would do this for babies between 6 months and 1 year:
(ETA: that didn't come out so clear. according to my pediatrician, elderberries are ok for babies over 6 months. since babies still can't have honey until 1 year, I'd do this instead of the syrup)
http://www.momessentials.net/e.....rite/

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:07 pm
this year has been terrible every person in my family is getting sick constantly. someone said she never had a year like this before and she owns a playgroup.hmmmm I wonder why.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics