Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The Re-birth of the Peddler who brings you clothes and food

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:12 pm
He or she drives around, delivering what you said you wanted. Knows your needs and your size and your children's sizes.

Got it all for you on the internet, so you didn't have to. He gets stuff cheap from China and makes a little on it; you told him what you wanted in advance.

Brings you meats too, in an onboard freezer.

He or she drives, so you don't have to.

You still can drive places, if you want to, but you wouldn't have to run to the mall for every little thing, if you just need routine things like clothes, curtains, food, lamps, boots.

The peddler is the mall that comes to you, and takes requests.

My great great grandfather did that, with a horse and wagon, driving to the farms in Connecticut. He made it his business to be ready with a friendly word and a joke too. It was more fun to buy from him and took less time than going to town.

Sounds easier than piling the kids into the car and keeping track of them at the mall.

For instance, there used to be Milk Floats, small trucks that went house to house, delivering the family's milk and dairy needs, and possibly bread and eggs too.

Maybe it's a business idea to revive the peddler. It might save time, and wear and tear, and babysitting, and all.

For routine needs. For something special or unusual, yes, you would have to go get it yourself.

smss

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:17 pm
I don't like having to be ready to answer the door for deliveries. it stresses me out.
I order a lot online, shop with the kids if I have the energy and feel like it, and go out myself when my husband's home if I don't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics