Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
ISO Bas mitzvah gift ideas

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:07 pm
So it's been a good seven years since I last had to give a bas mitzva gift (and I don't remember what I gave that time, anyhow.)

What can I give my sweet niece who's turning 12 this week? She's chassidish, but not very (or else I imagine she wouldn't be having a bas mitzva party). Judaica is hard to come by where I live and anything trendy is not going to arrive here for the next two years, probably, so no Jewish stuff.

What else would 12 year olds like to receive as a gift? I would like to spend about $25-$35 but would go up to $50 for a good idea.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 10:25 am
Oy vey, nobody here has a 12 year old daughter or sister? What would she like as a gift?

Please help me!

Shoelover

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:54 am
I usually go to Bloomingdales and get a necklace or fancy pencil case

momfive

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:55 am
Jewelry box

naftala

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 12:20 pm
Search etsy.com for jewelry, I have found adorable necklaces in that price range.

ImaMum

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:31 pm
I just gave 2 of my neices hair dryers and they both loved them.
I also gave one to another neice about 5 yrs ago and she still uses it every week.
Other ideas : hair straighteners, jewellery box, watch, necklace, bracelet, any jewellery!

sitting

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:00 pm
She will get tons of jewelry. Think outside the box. Hair straightner big hit....also if u can call eichlers and order (personalised or not) machzorim, hagaddah, megillah, tehillim...all things she wont get from just "anybody"

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:01 pm
Can I get costume jewelry?

My niece's hair is straight as a stick. (What's hair straightener? Isn't it something that comes in a tube?)

I live outside the USA, so Eichlers and etsy are not options. I need this gift for Motzai Shabbos.

Any ideas besides jewelry (what do girls this age like in jewelry? Anything trending now?) and jewelry box?

ImaMum

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:24 pm
Personally I think you can never have too much jewellery.. but anyway LOL

If her hair is dead straight how about a curling wand? They are inexpensive and fun to use.

Where are you located? How about an overnight holdall bag with her name embroidered, there are quite a few people who do this type of thing where I am from.

...Good Luck!

sitting

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:25 pm
What about a kipling bag?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics