Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Boys clothing for y"t (pesach)
1  2  Next

miami85

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:40 pm
What do your 3 -5 yr old boys wear for y"t? I'm assuming it's still to young for suits--unless the boy davka wants to dress like abba/tatty

iamamother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 10:47 pm
my DS wear cute patterned shirts- usually botton down half the shirt and shorts... thats what most ppl around here wear (NY/NJ)
just an example:
http://www.youngtimersny.com/c.....nF8gU

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 7:58 pm
iamamother wrote:
my DS wear cute patterned shirts- usually botton down half the shirt and shorts... thats what most ppl around here wear (NY/NJ)
just an example:

But the past few years Pesach has been too cold for shorts

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:03 pm
That outfit is cute, but $140 for a button down and shorts?? I could never spend that! my kids get a couple outfits each, and there is more then one kid, we would go broke.

I've had some luck at gap old navy, and children's place, but you have to wait until they put out their easter stuff. right now they all have their winter clearance items, but nothing is dressy.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:06 pm
iamamother wrote:
just an example:

Wow thats expensive!! How many kids do you have?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:14 pm
http://us.nextdirect.com/en/g6z4138s8#949215

iamamother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:20 pm
amother wrote:
Wow thats expensive!! How many kids do you have?

that outfit was just an example if style! I would never spend that much! I didnt even notice the price!

iamamother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 9:22 pm
miami85 wrote:
But the past few years Pesach has been too cold for shorts

good point. they make shirts that r long sleeves that roll up into short sleeves. and depending how cold it is its very likely that ppl will be wearing winter clothes still...

miami85

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:02 pm
My kids are outgrowing their winter Shabbos clothes, so I need to get them new clothing. What I did last year was I bought sweaters/vests for Pesach and bought them the next size up so that they would last until succos--which they did and wore them all winter, but now I need new clothing for them. Need ideas of where to buy for them. Children's place doesn't really have anything yet, Carter's--maybe, Kohl's--has for my younger son, but not for my older, Old Navy--not so impressed, Crazy 8--got something, but want one more outfit. Any suggestions?

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:33 pm
Thin long spring clothes are the hardest to find. I'm on the lookout for such outfits all year round. Pinstriped seersucker was the family's yom tov outfit one year, this year I found a nice pair of suspender pants by Zara with a leather trimmed shirt to match. I will pair it with a simple sweater vest or cardigan in case yom tov is still chilly.

Unfortunately, for a second outfit I will probably need to look in the local stores. I get away with good deals for weekday clothes but for shabbos the choices are much more limited.

The company pompom (or something like that) has a line of coordinating pieces that could look adorable for yomtov. They're not too expensive, either, but not as great as anything online.

miami85

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:41 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Thin long spring clothes are the hardest to find. I'm on the lookout for such outfits all year round. Pinstriped seersucker was the family's yom tov outfit one year, this year I found a nice pair of suspender pants by Zara with a leather trimmed shirt to match. I will pair it with a simple sweater vest or cardigan in case yom tov is still chilly.

Unfortunately, for a second outfit I will probably need to look in the local stores. I get away with good deals for weekday clothes but for shabbos the choices are much more limited.

The company pompom (or something like that) has a line of coordinating pieces that could look adorable for yomtov. They're not too expensive, either, but not as great as anything online.

Where is pompom located?

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:45 pm
miami85 wrote:
Where is pompom located?

I've been trying to find them online, unsuccessfully so far. They're a heimish company, maybe Canadian? Local children's stores in Brooklyn carry their line.

Deep

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:49 pm
miami85 wrote:
Where is pompom located?

They are based in Montreal. They have a store-front on Parc Ave.
http://www.pompomme.com/
Their spring line is absolutely gorgeous!

youngishbear

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:53 pm
Deep wrote:

Ah I knew I wasn't spelling it right.

I don't love what they show on their home page. Check them out in stores, it's easier to figure our what's for shabbos when you see it live (though lately it's been really confusing).

mha3484

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:08 am
I buy "suits" at Burlington for my 4 year old. Not sure if that store is everywhere. It has pants a shirt and vest.

SingALong

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:43 am
I got for my son grey long weekday pants that could pass for Shabbos for $25, and a art earned Mai collar shirt for about $30. I matched it to a sweater from Zara for $17.90. When the warmer weather hits he can wear without the sweater and I might get cheaper shorts then too. I'll get another summer outfit after pesach by the sales, now it's too cold

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 3:02 am
Www.shirtstop.us

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 10:56 am
My daughter in Brooklyn really likes shopping at shirtstop and says the owner is very nice and helpful, and the prices are reasonable. Is that you twizzlers?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:30 am
Deep wrote:

Their lookbook is not impressive, especially for the girls. Do they have more items in stores?

SorGold

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 11:31 am
SingALong wrote:
I got for my son grey long weekday pants that could pass for Shabbos for $25, and a art earned Mai collar shirt for about $30. I matched it to a sweater from Zara for $17.90. When the warmer weather hits he can wear without the sweanni ter and I might get cheaper shorts then too. I'll get another summer outfit after pesach by the sales, now it's too cold

Could you post links?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers