Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Close call. way too close.
Previous  1  2

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 1:37 am
Here is a link to basic halachot about bentching gomel: http://www.torah.org/advanced/......html . It's also customary to give tzedakah, as the article explains.

Also, with regard to feeling sad: that's totally normal. This experience caused you to feel vulnerable, to realize how close we all are to death. It can happen at any time. Internalizing that thought is very depressing. It takes a while to come to terms with it. Go easy on yourself, but do take time every day to thank Hashem and to appreciate the beauty and the opportunity of being alive.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:00 am
Op here, thank you for that post.
I spoke to my LOR and he said we hold that women don't bentch Gomel.
He said if I want I can give tzedaka and take on a kaballa.

As far as the sadness... Yes I guess its the near death vulnerability, the fact that nobody else understands or feels along with the fear that I went thru including dh, and the fact that I realize areas that I am lacking in and need serious improvement in and believe it was my "potch" so to speak.

I hope I get past the little sadness sitting in my heart.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note