Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
I live in Israel: Looking for a Reasonably Priced Vacation

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:27 am
I want to go on a one or two day vacation w/ my DH and baby. I am looking for a reasonably priced hotel/tzimmer etc. ((I would like to pay $200.00 max if that's possible) I would like a swimming pool or a jaccuzi or s/t interesting. It's off-season now, so I'm hoping I can get a good price. I would want to go in 2 weeks. I don't need somewhere w/ ready made food, although, a place near somewhere where I can grab a pizza or falafal or s/t fancy would be nice (mehadrin hechshers only). Not a must. I can bring sandwiches.

Any ideas? Also, any other getaway suggestions? We really wanted to go camping, but someone pointed out to me that the weather might be too cold.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:32 am
Check daka90.co.il for last-minute deals.

Also, many zimmers offer lower prices off-season. Try zimmer.co.il. When you click on individual properties, use the Hebrew pages, and the English ones are frequently not updated re: special, discounts, etc.

You can try youth hostels (no jacuzzis, though).

supermama2

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:43 am
I LOVED going to the Kinar resort.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:01 am
www.springviewisrael.com
around $230- off season- we had a great time!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:38 am
DH and I looked into it a while ago. Most hotels will provide a baby crib for free or for minimal charge (like 100 nis or less).
Do you need a mehadrin hotel? If so, then hotel ron in tzfas is probably the best priced hotel around. It is close to the attractions in tzfas, close to restaurants, etc. and I think it is around 700 nis a night (though you should double check with them. It might be more or less because we looked into it around a year ago during a different season).
I know they have a pool with separate swimming hours, but I'm not sure if it is open now.

If you're not searching for an exclusively mehadrin place, you have many more options. I think the Jerusalem Gate Hotel might be reasonably priced. In the summer, they had a deal for 550 nis a night including breakfast. They have a pool. It is not a 5* hotel but it is not bad, and it is close to tons of things in merkaz Jerusalem.

DrMom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
DH and I looked into it a while ago. Most hotels will provide a baby crib for free or for minimal charge (like 100 nis or less).
Do you need a mehadrin hotel? If so, then hotel ron in tzfas is probably the best priced hotel around. It is close to the attractions in tzfas, close to restaurants, etc. and I think it is around 700 nis a night (though you should double check with them. It might be more or less because we looked into it around a year ago during a different season).
I know they have a pool with separate swimming hours, but I'm not sure if it is open now.

If you're not searching for an exclusively mehadrin place, you have many more options. I think the Jerusalem Gate Hotel might be reasonably priced. In the summer, they had a deal for 550 nis a night including breakfast. They have a pool. It is not a 5* hotel but it is not bad, and it is close to tons of things in merkaz Jerusalem.

I am not familiar with this hotel, but most hotels (even in Eilat) do not have pool access in the winter unless it is an indoor heated pool.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:48 am
DrMom wrote:
Check daka90.co.il for last-minute deals.

Also, many zimmers offer lower prices off-season. Try zimmer.co.il. When you click on individual properties, use the Hebrew pages, and the English ones are frequently not updated re: special, discounts, etc.

You can try youth hostels (no jacuzzis, though).

I liked the website, thank you. I'm just not sure how it works. It says a price, but when I click, it says s/t much more expensive. Any idea why?

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:13 am
we once rented on airbnb a really nice apartment in ceasarea. The apartment was attached to the owners house and they had a private pool which we could use. They were not daati but respectful. The only issue was they were quite chatty people, which you may or may not appreciate. It was also quite out of the way if you don't have a car. But we've used airbnb a couple of times and there is lots of stuff all over israel.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 2:22 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions