Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Iso candle sticks $100 range

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 8:25 am
I need new shabbos candle sticks, but only have around 100 to spend. I dont want yhem to be tacky looking. Any ideas? Is this doable?

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 8:28 am
you can sometimes find crystal candlesticks at marshall's / tj maxx for less than $50

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 8:34 am
We had beautiful expensive swarovsky crystal ones as a wedding gift, and last week for no explainable reason, they both cracked completely in half! They are 6 years old and im not sure where they were purchased, so no warranty or anything like t hat. Not sre I want to get crystal again after that.

How are the nombe ones? They are in yhe price range. Anyone have experience?

Barbara

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
We had beautiful expensive swarovsky crystal ones as a wedding gift, and last week for no explainable reason, they both cracked completely in half! They are 6 years old and im not sure where they were purchased, so no warranty or anything like t hat. Not sre I want to get crystal again after that.

How are the nombe ones? They are in yhe price range. Anyone have experience?

Take a picture of the broken ones and send it to Swarovski customer service. The worst they can do is say that won't replace them. You never know.

I'd take a look for vintage or antique brass candlesticks on eBay. They can be quite beautiful and reasonably priced. I do like Nambe, though.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 1:28 pm
years ago I got an antique looking silver plated candelabra with 5 branches for $65 from one of those Judaica sites. I am still using it and it has never tarnished.

musicmom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:26 am
I've seen nice brass ones at an antique store near me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics