Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Oneida Anchor Hocking flatware - BOGO

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:43 pm
Oneida currently has a promotion on their Anchor Hocking flatware, offering buy one get one free. I checked Amazon for reviews, but can't find too many reviews on these sets. Is anyone familiar with these sets? Apparently, they're a bit thin and 18/0 stainless steel, but they have a 25 year limited warranty. Would these sets be decent for everyday use for my family? The price can't be beat! I would get a service for 8 for only $22.94 after applying a 15% promo code (PROMO15), $26.99 for service of 4 before code (and another service of 4 is free) . Shipping would be $2.99.

http://www.oneida.com/flatware.....are.+

SorGold

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:31 pm
I dont know about the set, but if you want to save an extra 4% Smile you can link through
ebates and get money back If you have an account. It would be 24.89 with shipping. I'd say that at that price, its worth the risk. Just beware that the limited warranty on cookware/silverware type items is usually quite limited and its hard for something to actually fall under the warranty. Even so, It still sounds like a good deal.
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?re.....3D%3D

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:59 pm
It may not be the best quality ever, but it should work and the company is known and reputable so if you're buying it straight from them they will surely honor the warranty should issues arise. Almost all casual/not ridiculously expensive flatware these days is 18/0 so I wouldn't think too deeply about that even though classic recommendation is a higher nickel (I think?) content - mine is all 18/0 and doing fine, I wouldn't know much about the difference... And the price is unbelievable, you can hardly even get garbage for that price even. So may as well go for it.

I have Oneida 18/0 casual flatware and it's doing great. Not the Anchor Hocking line. I believe AH is the cheaper/lower quality line but if there's one thing I learned in my flatware-shopping angst, it's that these things really don't matter all that much! It will all be fine! For $25 even if you are short on funds it won't be a tragedy if you don't end up loving it! Make sure to use a dedicated scooper for your ice cream so the spoons don't get bent out of shape. That's all.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:00 pm
And they're pretty, too! Wish I were in the market for a Pesach set! I use a lot of plastic on Pesach, after a few years it's not even cheaper, but it sure saves time on dishwashing... and storage space... oh well.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:20 pm
If it's their lower quality line, would I be better off buying a set of brand name flatware at a store like Closeout Connection or Amazing Savings?

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:27 pm
I can't tell you for sure but I vote NO. The ones I have seen at Amazing Savings are crummy quality, will cost you more than these, have no warranty worth speaking of, and I'm fairly sure Closeout Connections is similar. Not sure which "brand name" you're talking about, I'm talking about the cheap Cambridge or similar - those are NOT comparable to Oneida and I think even the lower line made by a reputable company is going to be better than the real trashy stuff. Worst case scenario if you get it and hate it they will very likely take it back (though shipping may be pricey because flatware is heavy... may as well just keep it as a spare or give it to someone who wants it badly enough not to care)

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 11:38 pm
I seriously don't see how you can go wrong here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars