Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Principle threatening my DD
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:15 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
If you know that your children have completed the homework and she stills you that they have not, why don't you schedule an appointment to go over the homework with the principal as well as the student's teacher who actually sees their homework. You can go over the assignments that she claims were not completed and show her that it indeed was completed (and if it was not, come up with ways to address homework). Have you spoken to their teacher? What does she say about their homework?

I also had a very bad experience with a principal in high school, and I just learned to shut it off because there was no winning with her. You cannot do that to your children because they are younger and they also need to feel like if their principal is mistreating them that their parent is addressing it and not allowing it to continue.

Regardless of the homework, it sounds like the principal is mistreating your children which should not be ignored.

Im going to talk to her tomorrow about it but the last time I spoke to her about the tubshavat party she said that she will talk to her and see what happened but she didnt get back to me on that. Ill ask her about that tomorrow also.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:15 pm
Chayalle wrote:
What would happen if you said something like:

Thank you for bringing the hw issue to my attention. For the past few (days, months, weeks - you choose) I have worked with my kids to ensure their hw is completed and signed. I would appreciate it if you could pay attention to our improved efforts. Thanks very much.

Regarding the walk to school - Thank you for our concern regarding developing independence in our kids...we are not comfortable with the walk to school, due to security concerns. We may try some of your other suggestions (alarm clock, getting ready for school by themselves, etc....). Thank you for your efforts.

thanks for the advice.

black sheep

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:16 pm
chayalle, OP said that she has told the principal that she is not okay with her daughter walking herself, and now the principal is threatening the daughter directly to make her walk home alone.

CPenzias

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:53 pm
It sounds like the principal is the special needs one here.
Is there any accountability? Anyone who you can complain to? Who hired her? She's so nasty, she sounds like Ms. Trunchbul from Matilda Sad

amother

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 2:15 am
CPenzias wrote:
It sounds like the principal is the special needs one here.
Is there any accountability? Anyone who you can complain to? Who hired her? She's so nasty, she sounds like Ms. Trunchbul from Matilda Sad

She started the school herself.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 5:55 am
I would seriously consider taking my kids out. This is absolutely not ok. I would publicize her despicable behavior to warn others as well.

imasinger

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 7:26 am
You say that your SN kids "need" this school.

But the attitude you are describing is counterproductive for kids with special needs.

They need more encouragement than criticism. They -- and you -- need to have improvements noticed and commended. That's a key part of learning.

If you have no other good choices, it probably makes sense to meet with the principal. But don't go in with your claws out.

Instead, ask good questions, and write down the answers.

Here are some good questions.

"I am very confused about what is going on here. It sounds as if my kids are in trouble for not doing their homework. I am confused, because I see them doing it every day, and I sign them off. Which days in the last 2 weeks did they not get it done? In the last month?

Before you all reached the point of making threats or canceling treats, what other strategies did you try? Did you try to contact me and I didn't get the messages?

Let's make a plan. What are the problems? How can we be sure they are handled in a timely manner, so that frustrations don't build too much?

Thank you for clarifying. We'll do our best to work with you."

If that doesn't bear fruit, you may want to pack your things and move to a community with better school choices.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 9:31 am
black sheep wrote:
chayalle, OP said that she has told the principal that she is not okay with her daughter walking herself, and now the principal is threatening the daughter directly to make her walk home alone.

We don't really know what went on in that conversation and how it played out. When my kids come home and tell me "Morah said XYZ" I always prefer to have a direct conversation with the Morah so that I hear the other side of the story - from an adult. Often there are small details that change the whole picture.

Based on the details here, it does sound kind of odd.....but I would still advocate OP communicating with the principal directly.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children