Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I Know My Baby's Carter's Size, Can U Help Me W/ CP?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 5:29 pm
My baby is currently wearing 12 mo. Carter's size. (Some big 9 mos. stuff fit but nothing w/ feet.)

What size would she be at Children's Place? 9-12 mos. or 12-18 mos.?

In general, how the 2 stores correlate. From the measurements each store gives, it isn't clear.

miami85

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:04 pm
I think a "general" rule with children's clothing is that when a size is ex. 12mos, it's really 9-12mos or the number represents the upper limit.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:06 pm
miami85 wrote:
I think a "general" rule with children's clothing is that when a size is ex. 12mos, it's really 9-12mos or the number represents the upper limit.

So that means that I should buy her 9-12 mos. if she's wearing 12 mos? (Just want to get that clear?)

Shabbossong

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:14 pm
IME, Children's Place runs smaller than Carter's. For example, baby was comfortably wearing 6 month in Carter's, but had outgrown the Children's Place 3-6 months. Especially when it had feet...

choco1

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:26 pm
I think 12-18 months. CP also shrinks. If you're baby fits nicely in 12 mths Carter's (ie not too big) I would go with 12-18 for CP. Hope it all works out!

miami85

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
So that means that I should buy her 9-12 mos. if she's wearing 12 mos? (Just want to get that clear?)

Sounds right, but if you are buying for the Spring you might want to get 15 mos, it depends on how recently she started wearing 12 mos.

Sometimes the labels have the weight ranges on them, that might also guide you.

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....chart

Gives you a chart.

mochacoffee

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:02 pm
I also found that Children's Place clothes run smaller than Carter's. I always bought a size up in CP.

mommyla

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:26 pm
miami85 wrote:
Sounds right, but if you are buying for the Spring you might want to get 15 mos, it depends on how recently she started wearing 12 mos.

Sometimes the labels have the weight ranges on them, that might also guide you.

http://www.childrensplace.com/.....chart

Gives you a chart.

There is no 15 month size.

I've also found that CP runs small. Go up a size, Carter's is more generously cut and Children's Place is often cut skinnier. If you're getting 12 months in Carters, get 12-18 in CP.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:27 am
Thanks everyone! OK, 12-18 mos. it is. Right now, I'm not really buying ahead. She outgrew all of her (9 mos. Carters) sleepers. I got more in 12-18 mos., bought ahead and thought it would be spring by the time she reached this size. Anyway, I only have one warm sleeper. So, I went to the store and saw all these cute outfits on sale in size 9-12 mos... I guess if they do fit her, it probably won't be for very long and it's not worth it.

Also, I find the size charts very confusing. My baby is VERY tall. She weighs a lot, but not in exact proportion to the height (aka she's skinny although you'd never know from her cheeks Smile) That's why I asked.

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 5:54 pm
I always needed to size up in childrens place sleepers even for my skinny baby who was a size smaller than her age, still needed a size larger- wore 9 months at 12 months but needed 18 months childrens place sleepers....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics