Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Where to shop online for my baby girl??

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 10:35 pm
I mostly have bought Carters, and know about Childrens Place....

It's easiest for me to shop online. I'm not looking for ladida type, but do you have any recommendations for affordable, cute outfits etc, also for Shabbos/Yom Tov?

TIA!! Very Happy

Sherri

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 10:46 pm
gap.com!

srbmom

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:09 pm
I second gap.
Free shipping over $50, free return shipping, and I have found the quality of their clothing to be great

youngishbear

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:36 pm
I love gap.
Old navy's stuff is cheaper than Gap, but also less durable. I like buying there for summer, though, because my kids destroy their summer clothes outdoors, no matter how expensive and high quality. At least I don't feel guilty dumping them when the season is over if it doesn't look decent anymore.

H&M is also inexpensive, but shipping costs. Janie and Jack is more expensive, but they can have cute Shabbos stuff.

Nextdirect has a variety of clothes to match different tastes, prices are ok, too.

Nordstrom has a variety of brands with prices to match...

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:48 pm
OP here, thank you for your ideas!

I've browsed gap and old navy several times, but haven't bought from them so far... I will check out the other suggestions thanks Smile

Any other ideas are very welcome!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 12:00 am
The simple things from gap can look very elegant on the kid. White dresses or rompers, lace bloomers with simple tshirts... It's neat and classy.

If you don't go for that look, gymboree is colorful and fun, but not as cheap as CP or carters. Crazy 8 may have things comparable to CP.

There's Marks and Spencer, and Zara has adorable things - not as cheap as CP, though. (They have the best shipping and return policies - the return label arrives with the order! No printing required.)

If you like a particular brand like Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger you can find their websites and sign up for sale alerts. You can get some of these brands online at Macys, Bloomingdales, Saks, and Lord and Taylor, but I don't enjoy the department store websites for kids' clothes.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:19 pm
(OP)

Thank you youngishbear for your detailed suggestions!

Still looking.... Very Happy

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:23 pm
Buy Buy Baby is one source.

http://www.buybuybaby.com/stor.....rand_

luppamom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 4:35 pm
I'm curious what's wrong w/ Carters and CP. I shop at both, mainly at Carters. I wasn't so impressed by their dresses for the Holiday season, but they're new ones for Easter are pretty cute. I'm waiting for the prices to come down as I don't want to spend over $20.00 on a dress. I like both of these dresses. I like colorful clothes for babies (and for me Smile) The second dress, I would really want to see in person. S/t things look different online.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Also, from the one or two things I have from BabyGap, it runs big, so I wouldn't order big.

http://www.carters.com/carters.....rt=34

I also like this one, but would really want to see it in person.
http://www.childrensplace.com/.....1-861

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 6:24 pm
OP here, thanks to all, I'm glad to expand my baby shopping sources!

Luppamom, I like carters- my baby is just a few months old and I've ordered a few times already! I like catching the free shipping days Wink The thing is, I don't think she'll be ready for short sleeves or rompers till maybe in the summer, even then indoors might be too cold with a/c and I want Shabbos/Yom Tov for now...

The carters link took me to their homepage; I'm curious what it was.... I like the Cp dress, it's cute and cheerful, but she's too little for me to put her in real dresses....I do tunics and leggings though...that's my story Wink

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 8:51 pm
Check out century 21. They have gorgeous dresses for less. A really nice brand is Bonnie baby. But my preference for little babies when it's cold is fancy/embellished strechies. Enjoy! Little girl shopping is the best Smile

chanee

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:18 pm
Vertbaudet

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 10:18 pm
Thanks everyone I'm having fun with this! Wink I'm hoping it always stays fun lol LOL

I hadn't known century 21 sells such brand names for babies-cute!

I'd never heard of vertbaudet, now I know why-I feel like I'm in a different country there, even after changing to US currency Confused

luppamom

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 3:21 am
amother wrote:
OP here, thanks to all, I'm glad to expand my baby shopping sources!

Luppamom, I like carters- my baby is just a few months old and I've ordered a few times already! I like catching the free shipping days Wink The thing is, I don't think she'll be ready for short sleeves or rompers till maybe in the summer, even then indoors might be too cold with a/c and I want Shabbos/Yom Tov for now...

The carters link took me to their homepage; I'm curious what it was.... I like the Cp dress, it's cute and cheerful, but she's too little for me to put her in real dresses....I do tunics and leggings though...that's my story Wink

I know what you mean about dresses. I think they look way cuter when they're walking. My baby is wearing one of my sister's dresses (from when she was a baby) and my sister looked way cuter b/c she was probably around 13-14 mos. and walking and my baby is just a giant barely 8 mo. old Smile I still love dresses, though, but my baby doesn't own very many. I also like the tunic legging look b/c it's easier for her, especially as she's trying to crawl.

I tried to relink the Carters, but it's not working. If youre really curious, it's called "Sateen Floral Easter Dress".

Another option is Marshalls. I don't think they are online, but I've seen some seriously cute stuff over there and for very good prices.

Hatzlacha!

Roots

Post Thu, Feb 26 2015, 5:17 am
I shop on kohls.com alot. they have cheap durable clothing that works great for my kids they also have promo codes you can search for online and every $50 spent you get $10 on the next purchase. black friday deals are amazing also
I one also bought from ruum - got referred there from dans deals and I got really good stuff for cheap. enjoy

amother

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 12:16 am
luppamom wrote:
I know what you mean about dresses. I think they look way cuter when they're walking. My baby is wearing one of my sister's dresses (from when she was a baby) and my sister looked way cuter b/c she was probably around 13-14 mos. and walking and my baby is just a giant barely 8 mo. old Smile I still love dresses, though, but my baby doesn't own very many. I also like the tunic legging look b/c it's easier for her, especially as she's trying to crawl.

I tried to relink the Carters, but it's not working. If youre really curious, it's called "Sateen Floral Easter Dress".

Another option is Marshalls. I don't think they are online, but I've seen some seriously cute stuff over there and for very good prices.

Hatzlacha!
Thanks for getting me! Yeah once baby is walking IYH I'll be thrilled to buy dresses Smile She's not even up to crawling now though! Oh ok I'll try to check next time I'm on Carters, thanks.

Also thanks to the poster who suggested ruum, I'm going to check it out! I think kohls actually has a lot of carters, lol...

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 12:21 am
Gymboree has some really cute clothes. (I don't like their outlet clothes as much, though.)
Target also has some very cute clothes for babies and kids.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 12:36 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
Gymboree has some really cute clothes. (I don't like their outlet clothes as much, though.)
Target also has some very cute clothes for babies and kids.
Hey thanks I just skimmed Gymboree, it does look like cute stuff! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics