Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby can't move anywhere = yelling!!! (Delayed!?) 8 months.
Previous  1  2

chani8

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 3:36 am
There are some very simple exercises you can do to help your son learn to move. If he doesn't low crawl at all, then sit behind him while he is on his tummy on the floor, and every time he reaches for a toy, push his feet so that he moves forward toward the toy. For crawling, sit on the floor and lay him over your leg, in crawl position. The next step is to put him in crawl position and hold him there for a few seconds.

I just checked youtube and there are a lot of good short videos to teach you how to encourage crawling. Can you access youtube?

heidi

Post Fri, Feb 27 2015, 4:14 am
amother wrote:
Wow do you really think there is something wrong with him? He's been sitting unsupported since 6.5 months, and loves to stand holding onto things...he can pull himself up to standing if he is sat next to something the right height... he just can't move quickly or go from lying to sitting... I live in Israel so not sure about intervention etc. I guess I should go to the pediatrician.

If you are a citizen of this fine land intervention is the easiest thing in the world to get. They looooovvvveee recommending all types of interventions and they are all covered by the kuppah. Go to the pediatrician or tipat chalav and ask for a referral (hafnaya) to have your ds evaluated. Different kuppot do it differently so ask how your does it.
Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics