Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Antibiotics causing diaper rash?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 8:42 am
My 18 month old is on antibiotics this week for the first time. He's been having a bit of diarrhea, which I know is a common side effect. Could this be why he's also having the worst diaper rash he's ever had? He's never really had a real diaper rash, just occasional redness that goes away with A and D. Now he has this very raw looking rash all over the area. Destin is helping. But we've never needed it before. Is this also a side effect from the medicine?

supty

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 8:45 am
Yes- my son gets TERRIBLE diaper rash whenever he's on antibiotics even sometimes without diarrhea. The only thing that I found helped a little was to get a powder probiotics and put it directly on the rash. It usually goes away as soon as he finishes the medicine though.

the chevrah

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 9:00 am
Yes you must give pro biotics as long as he's on the meds. Very important! Not at the same time though..... About 1/2 hr apart

exaustedmom

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 9:09 am
Its probably a yeast infection. Please ask your pediatrician for the proper cream to treat it. Regular diaper rash cream won't work!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 9:47 am
Sure! Acidophilus. I started giving it to my kids and myself on a daily basis all the time. To prevent it when I'm desperate. Though my pediatrician told me its not fool proof which I already saw also.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics