Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Netanyahu Speaks To Congress - Live
1  2  3  4  Next

blueberries

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:42 am
After weeks of controversy, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is finally set to address a joint session of Congress Today at 11 ET.

http://cbsn.cbsnews.com/?ftag=CNM9d6a340

blueberries

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:49 am
http://video.foxnews.com/v/255.....-live

blueberries

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:58 am
Adar is the month of good fortune for the Jewish people. The sages say of Adar: “Its mazal [fortune] is strong.”

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:00 pm
Bibi was phenomenal. So well spoken. I absolutely love the guy's chutzpah. In my mind, Bibi is a holy Jew. I lost track of the standing ovations and would love to have been there in person.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:04 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Bibi was phenomenal. So well spoken. I absolutely love the guy's chutzpah. In my mind, Bibi is a holy Jew. I lost track of the standing ovations and would love to have been there in person.

I commented more fully on the other thread but yes, I would very much like to feel that the pintele Yid shines through, and he is offering a well-spoken face to the world and solid leadership. But al tivtechu b'nedivim, even if they're our guys....

etky

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:36 pm
Whatever his personal religious beliefs, he is a leader whose worldview is rooted in the history of the Jewish people and its scriptures.
I couldn't help thinking of Esther - how she metaphorically pleaded her case with chazal - entreating them to include the megilla in the biblical canon - כתבוני לדורות she is quoted as saying. Well, nearly two and a half thousand years later her name and her message, were still resonating loud and clear - and being broadcast from the seat of world power to all corners of the world, and on the eve of her fast day.
Netanyahu's flightpath on Sunday took him across Eastern Europe, over Poland and the Ukraine.
I'm sure that even if he never bothered to look out the window, he had the murdered Jews of those and other countries in mind throughout that flight.
He did what he had to do.

rae gi

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 2:12 pm
I think it was very appropriate that Natanyahu referenced the Book of Esther that details the catastrophe that was averted in Persia 2500 years ago. His point was driven home when he summarized the evil intentions of the nuclear Persia of today.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 2:37 pm
etky wrote:
Whatever his personal religious beliefs, he is a leader whose worldview is rooted in the history of the Jewish people and its scriptures.
I couldn't help thinking of Esther - how she metaphorically pleaded her case with chazal - entreating them to include the megilla in the biblical canon - כתבוני לדורות she is quoted as saying. Well, nearly two and a half thousand years later her name and her message, were still resonating loud and clear - and being broadcast from the seat of world power to all corners of the world, and on the eve of her fast day.
Netanyahu's flightpath on Sunday took him across Eastern Europe, over Poland and the Ukraine.
I'm sure that even if he never bothered to look out the window, he had the murdered Jews of those and other countries in mind throughout that flight.
He did what he had to do.

Brilliant post. Brilliant post. Brilliant post. Yessss.

2cents

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 2:52 pm
I'm watching his speech now, and I just got chills from how his words blatantly echo esther hamalka's "... I have come here today to speak to you about an issue that can well threaten the survival of my country and the future of my people..."
not commenting on the politics or hashkafic issues around this speech, just saying that I was listening with half an ear while doing other stuff, and his words jumped out at me.

sneakermom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 2:59 pm
I was touched and I cried during his speech.

I feel Hashem has chosen bibi to lead the world today. He didn't get cowed by the opposition. He stood his ground and spoke to the people of the world. He explained the history and personality of Iran. Explained the danger. Calmly and with the love and patience of a father.

May Hashem bring the Geulah quickly in our times.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:34 pm
That was a frightening amount of nuclear reactors that Iran is capable of building.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 8:51 pm
Yeah.

If Bibi weren't married...
And I weren't married...
I would SO marry that guy!!!!

Even his tie was the perfect shade of blue for all those cameras.

loveamerica

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 9:17 pm
Haha! True, he's to old for me Smile.
He's a great speaker.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 9:46 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
Yeah.

If Bibi weren't married...
And I weren't married...
I would SO marry that guy!!!!

Even his tie was the perfect shade of blue for all those cameras.

Are you sure it was blue? I thought it was white and gold Very Happy
(And I am old enough to marry him and despite that wonderful voice and all that...no. I so wouldn't.)

pause

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:09 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

(And I am old enough to marry him and despite that wonderful voice and all that...no. I so wouldn't.)

To me it sounded like that was posted tongue-in-cheek.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:14 am
For those of you who missed it he pretty much said unless there's drastic change he's planning to bomb Iran with or without American approval.

etky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:31 am
Heyaaa wrote:
For those of you who missed it he pretty much said unless there's drastic change he's planning to bomb Iran with or without American approval.

Yes,he did imply that in not so many words.
But before that he devoted long minutes to outlining the tenets of what he considers a "better deal" - including not lifting sanctions and much, much less leeway for Iran's nuclear program.
Bombing Iran is really a last resort. Military action on this front - even if not Israel-initiated - could well have dire implications for us as well as the entire region.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:40 am
etky wrote:
Yes,he did imply that in not so many words.
But before that he devoted long minutes to outlining the tenets of what he considers a "better deal" - including not lifting sanctions and much, much less leeway for Iran's nuclear program.
Bombing Iran is really a last resort. Military action on this front - even if not Israel-initiated - could well have dire implications for us as well as the entire region.

To which Obama responded that Netanyahu didn't give any alternatives to war.

etky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:51 am
Heyaaa wrote:
To which Obama responded that Netanyahu didn't give any alternatives to war.

Exactly. The Left also kept saying that.
Then again, what else was were they going to say?

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:09 am
etky wrote:
Exactly. The Left also kept saying that.
Then again, what else was were they going to say?

It's ridiculous. Bibi essentially said 'let's stop treating them as if they're gonna do teshuva next week' and Obama responded that he doesn't want to.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics