Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
What is the average fee for filing taxes for self employed

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:04 am
what is the fee for filing taxes for a self employed?
(in Brooklyn)

what do accountants charge for that?

one quote I got so far was $1500. its sounds like allot to me.

is that normal?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:05 am
I paid $320 last year with a 1099 which included calculating estimated taxes for this year.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:09 am
I was licensed/ bonded for four years and did hundreds of returns in that time but that was over a decade ago.

schedule C? S corp? llc? how many businesses? If schedule C , what else is happening on the return-- stock sales, rental properties, schedule A....???

If it's just a basic tax return with one schedule C, my GUESS is that most places these days would charge $200 to $300 including fed and state and est for the next year. If a more complicated business, or multiple schedule C's, $1500 makes more sense.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:13 am
I don't think its so complicated.
just one person buying and selling online

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:41 am
So sch c. Try for $200 if you don't want to do it yourself. 200 would be a great deal.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 2:33 pm
I pay 300 dollars for self employed childcare tax returns, notihng else that is complicated

supty

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:42 pm
If it's a simple return $1500 sounds outrageously overpriced to me.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:46 pm
so if I am self employed and own more then one property and collect rent is that more complicated? does it cost more or 300 sounds ok?

supty

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:49 pm
sourstix wrote:
so if I am self employed and own more then one property and collect rent is that more complicated? does it cost more or 300 sounds ok?

Doesn't sound like it should be so complicated. I would get estimates from other places- if they're all quoting around the same price then maybe there's something more to it. Smaller practices are the way to go with these kind of things; bigger firms will automatically charge much more.

psd

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:00 pm
Here is an article with the average cost paid to a professional return preparer for various different tax forms.

http://www.irs.com/articles/ta.....-fees

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:15 pm
We charged per sch e even if it was an easy sch e that took 2 minutes. Multiple rental properties can get expensive since your average Joe doesn't want to do depreciation etc him or herself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers