Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Ideas for pesach with food allergies

ahfc

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:17 pm
This year will be my toddler's first pesach that he will be eating real food. He is severely allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, fish, and sesame and I am really worried about what we will feed him. Any advice, ideas, or recipes would be greatly appreciated! Tia!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:21 pm
ahfc wrote:
This year will be my toddler's first pesach that he will be eating real food. He is severely allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, eggs, fish, and sesame and I am really worried about what we will feed him. Any advice, ideas, or recipes would be greatly appreciated! Tia!

you should ask a shayla regarding gebrokts and kitnius as he is a toddler. years ago we asked our rav if we could bring our toddler to our friend who uses rice on pesach to eat. it would be a shame if he is restricted for no reason, he is just a toddler.

Hug

potatoes (cubes, french fries, potato salad, egg free potato kugel, parsley baby red potatoes, latkes)
sweet potatoes (cubes, french fries, sweet potato hash)
quinoa
matzo
meat (beef stew, meatballs, burgers, meatloaf, shish kebab, steak)
chicken (nuggets, roasted, chicken "matza" balls)
chicken soup and zucchini "noodles"
roasted vegetables, vegetable patties, veggie stix, salad
apple sauce, poached pear

cbg

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 9:27 pm
For breakfast fresh fruit will be your best bet.
You can also make hash browns.
Lunch and dinner chicken strips (not coated),veggies, butternut fries, sweet potato, baked French fries.

Staying away from eggs I think will be your biggest challenge.

Seeme

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 9:44 am
Good Luck with you babys allergies, but just to make you feel better my baby is allergic to Potatos and all that you baby is allergic to. shock
And we don't normally eat kitniyos. Hashem will help hatzlocha!!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 10:43 am
Yeah, we have all the same allergies in our house - it's a lot of potatoes and meat/chicken. My people are also picky, which is just silly.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 12:58 pm
There's a cookbook called "A Taste of Freedom" which is an allergy friendly cookbook. All the recipes are free of milk, eggs, nuts, and fish. Also, find out if you could use soy. When ds was an allergic toddler, I was told he could have his soymilk/ soy yogurts, but not to use my pesach dishes for it.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 4:03 am
Seeme wrote:
Good Luck with you babys allergies, but just to make you feel better my baby is allergic to Potatos and all that you baby is allergic to. shock
And we don't normally eat kitniyos. Hashem will help hatzlocha!!

To the main poster and also the poster whose kid is allergic to potatoes: I was allergic to all those things as a kid, and also potatoes. My parents asked the rav when I was little about pesach and he said that I SHOULD eat kitniyot. Please, please ask your rav if this is okay for your child - especially if your child is a baby, though also if your child is older: even a week of inusfficient nutrition could be considered damaging to the chlid's health or even dangerous and halachically you may be OBLIGATED to feed him/her kitniyot. Even adults with these allergies get a heter to eat kitniyot on pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics