Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you reheat in the oven?

skirtznsox

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 6:07 pm
For those of you who reheat in the oven/on the stove rather than microwave, if you've stored the food in the refrigerator in its cooking container, how long do you let it sit out to get to room temp before putting it in/on the fire? For example, Pyrex, pasta pots, etc.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 6:10 pm
I didn't know I had to let it get to room temp first.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 6:26 pm
about an hour ... this way it warms up more evenly

also you don't want the cold hitting the harsh heat if things are in pyrex - could break the pan

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 6:11 am
greenfire wrote:
about an hour ... this way it warms up more evenly

also you don't want the cold hitting the harsh heat if things are in pyrex - could break the pan
Its a nice idea, to be able to wait an hour, but for full time working parents who come home and take something out of the fridge and warm it on the stove or in the oven, its right then and there.
I do that too. I never even thought to let it get to room temp. I just warrm it as soon as I take it out of the fridge. If its in aplastic container I transfer it to something that can go either on the stove or in the oven.

We dont haev a microwave.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 7:35 am
of course life doesn't always work around nice ideas

in the case of right there & then I would probably transfer it to a different pan if it were in pyrex or put on a very low flame - so that the inside warms up sans the outside burning & stirring the pot every so often
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen