Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Fix suit jacket after shatnez testing

Leahh

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 10:19 am
I am fairly new to sewing with a machine but have learned alot and make good use of it.
My husband would like me to reattach the lining of his jacket where it was separated for shatnez testing. I can't figure out how to do it that it will look nice because I thought I would need to turn the jacket inside out, sew it, then turn it right side out. But if I close the opening frm shatnez then there's no opening to reverse the jacket.
Can anyone help me?

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 5:13 pm
if you look inside the sleeve you will notice a set of stitching that is not done invisibly ... that is for turning inside out & sewing whatever needs to be sewn together

if the jacket is too thick or this is too difficult - I would simply sew it together by hand using a slip-stitch in between the lining hem & the jacket hem

Leahh

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 5:34 pm
Thank you. I figured there must be a place meant to open but didn't know where to look. It's the first time I'm dealing with a garment with a fully attached lining.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 5:41 pm
the first time is how we learn ...

Leahh

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 6:21 pm
Got it!
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing