Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Netanyahu Speaks To Congress - Live
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 3:48 am
etky wrote:
Exactly. The Left also kept saying that.
Then again, what else was were they going to say?

Actually he did. (Of course, I actually watched the speech; Obama (claims he) didn't.)
He suggested that the US continue and step up sanctions, the argument being that Iran's economy suffers greatly when sanctions are applied and sanctions can provide huge leverage.

But many speculate that Obama will bypass Senate approval of the treaty with Iran by renaming it a "sole executive agreement" that requires no Congressional approval. And other countries are predicted to lift sanctions earlier, and then by the time US sanctions are set to be lifted, Iran will have nuclear bomb anyway. But that will be long after Obama leaves office, so it won't be his problem anyway.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/c.....64687

etky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 3:54 am
Heyaaa wrote:
It's ridiculous. Bibi essentially said 'let's stop treating them as if they're gonna do teshuva next week' and Obama responded that he doesn't want to.

Ridiculous and scary.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 7:28 am
I loved Netanyahu's speech. He's an incredible orator. It's an interesting juxtaposition to our own president who does not deliver speeches well.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 7:38 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I loved Netanyahu's speech. He's an incredible orator. It's an interesting juxtaposition to our own president who does not deliver speeches well.

Because he speaks plainly, without all the Orwellian double-speak that bogs down this US administration's communication.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:03 am
saw50st8 wrote:

What was wrong with Obama responding that the bond between the United States and America is unbreakable? Do you not think that's true?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:07 am
Bibi is not afraid to speak his mind, nor afraid to show emotion.
It was an awesome speech.
The whole Purim reference actually hit me like a mussar schmooze... Like, 'wake up, there is a very real threat out there- it's time to do teshuva!'
Seriously.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:17 am
Well it seems that most of us more than L O V E D the speech, but Nancy Pelosi turned her back to Netanyahu when he got standing ovations. She also stated that she was brought to tears and was greatly saddened by the fact that Netanyahu didn't trust and have full confidence in Obama. Sure, like if anyone's family would be in danger, they would just shrug it off, and not react and cry out for help. It was said by people in the right that opinions were formed by democrats. and written against the speech before it was heard. That's probably true.

I wonder what Nancy Pelosi is getting from the Democratic party for publicly turning her back to Netanyahu.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:31 am
Heyaaa wrote:
What was wrong with Obama responding that the bond between the United States and America is unbreakable? Do you not think that's true?

I think it's irrelevant if Iran bombs Israel out of existence.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:32 am
Mevater, you do know that the Republicans refuse to rise or clap no matter what the president says when he’s addressing Congress. That’s how it works in partisan politics.
Mevater wrote:

I wonder what Nancy Pelosi is getting from the Democratic party for publicly turning her back to Netanyahu.
We all chipped in and bought her a brand new washer-dryer.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:40 am
I thought Pelosi's reaction was weird. She was "brought to tears and was greatly saddened by the fact that Netanyahu didn't trust and have full confidence in Obama" ? Huh?

Did she cry every time Obama smeared Netanyahu in the 6 weeks leading up to his speech? Did she cry when someone in the administration called Netanyahu "chickensh!t" and "Asbergery"? Does she cry when her president and party leader wants to give nuclear weapons to a country which has threatened to use them against Israel?

She must use a lot of tissues.

Heyaaa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:44 am
DrMom wrote:
I think it's irrelevant if Iran bombs Israel out of existence.

You missed my point. Read again what I wrote.

Fine maybe it's not nice to make fun of a slip of the tongue....

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 10:02 am
Heyaaa wrote:
To which Obama responded that Netanyahu didn't give any alternatives to war.

Right. Because Israel has the capacity to reach out to all the other countries in the region (I.e. the wolves that surround the sheep) to build a coalition of like-minded leaders. OTOH, the US does.
And is the US keeping Israel in the loop of negotiations that so immediately impact her existence? We may not know this kind of classified stuff. But we can posit that not doing so is patronizing, paternalistic, and not constructive.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 10:04 am
Clarissa wrote:
Mevater, you do know that the Republicans refuse to rise or clap no matter what the president says when he’s addressing Congress. That’s how it works in partisan politics.We all chipped in and bought her a brand new washer-dryer.

Washer-dryer? I thought it was stock in Kleenex. I want my money back.

marina

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 1:45 pm
From what I see here and also on my FB page, most people sided with Netanyahu just because they hate Obama or support whatever Israel wants to do always. People are just going with their gut feelings, not really analyzing or researching the issue.

It's way more complex than just saying: DUH, BAD PEOPLE DON'T GET NUCLEAR WEAPONS or OBAMA IS SO STOOOPID MAN. Both sides have valid points and it's an interesting complex issue. Most people are being so simplistic about it.

Barbara

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:11 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Mevater, you do know that the Republicans refuse to rise or clap no matter what the president says when he’s addressing Congress. That’s how it works in partisan politics.We all chipped in and bought her a brand new washer-dryer.

Don't be silly. They cheered at the SOTU address when the President said, "I have no more campaigns to run."

Clarissa

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:15 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Washer-dryer? I thought it was stock in Kleenex. I want my money back.
Google “John Boehner crying” and you’ll see that weepiness is bipartisan.

Barbara

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Right. Because Israel has the capacity to reach out to all the other countries in the region (I.e. the wolves that surround the sheep) to build a coalition of like-minded leaders. OTOH, the US does.
And is the US keeping Israel in the loop of negotiations that so immediately impact her existence? We may not know this kind of classified stuff. But we can posit that not doing so is patronizing, paternalistic, and not constructive.

Netanyahu is very much aware of the negotiations. One of the reasons that the Obama administration preferred that he not speak was out of fear that he would reveal confidential details. He was specifically requested (or warned) not to do so by John Kerry.

What alternative do you think that Netanyahu offered? Keep the sanctions in place a little longer ... and then what? Iran says "OK, we won't enrich unranium and make weapons"? They've said that now. Why does Israel trust them in a year, or two, or five, more than now? No one seriously believes that Iran is going to say mea kulpa and sing kumbaya with Netanyahu, do they? Because that's the only thing that it seems Israel would accept.

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 2:26 pm
marina wrote:
From what I see here and also on my FB page, most people sided with Netanyahu just because they hate Obama or support whatever Israel wants to do always. People are just going with their gut feelings, not really analyzing or researching the issue.

It's way more complex than just saying: DUH, BAD PEOPLE DON'T GET NUCLEAR WEAPONS or OBAMA IS SO STOOOPID MAN. Both sides have valid points and it's an interesting complex issue. Most people are being so simplistic about it.

I love the way you extrapolate from YOUR FB PAGE to the entire world population.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 4:04 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Google “John Boehner crying” and you’ll see that weepiness is bipartisan.

LOL

marina

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:06 pm
DrMom wrote:
I love the way you extrapolate from YOUR FB PAGE to the entire world population.

I love the way you think I actually think most people in the world sided with netanyahu. That's pretty ludicrous. It's pretty clear I meant people in my circles.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics