Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you eat home made Misloach Manos from your friends?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Do you eat home made Misloach Manos from your friends?
Yes  
 57%  [ 107 ]
No  
 6%  [ 13 ]
It depends  
 35%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 186

sky

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:12 pm
From my friends, of course

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:19 pm
I have friends with varying levels of observance, and I only eat by a few of them. If someone sent me home made food and I was unsure I would dump it, but I would also lie and tell them it was delicious.

With less observant friends, I invite them over to my house so we can "give each other cooking lessons" in my kitchen. It's a great way to bond without worrying about kashrus.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:34 pm
All our excess sugar-and-artificial-coloring receipts are brought to my office and put out on the reception counter, where they are consumed by my coworkers and visitors in a day or less.

heidi

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 11:23 pm
animeme wrote:
If you have seudah with friends and they serve their handmade hamentaschen, would you eat them? Does the same apply to something like homemade rugelach? Also, are you makpid on this for your kids too?

Oops, I guess I was being too tongue in cheek. I don't particularly like anyone's hamentashen except my own (and the friend's who I got the recipe from) and for some reason I guess they don't appeal to me when I get them in hamentashen. The hygiene issue was just a side thought. I am totally not a germ freak and happily eat other people's food and cookies and stuff. And my kids always bake with me-- so no, I do have issues, but germ a phobe is not one of them.

Ashrei

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 11:28 pm
The home made stuff is the only thing we DO eat.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 12:06 am
This thread is making me sad. Last year I worked sooo hard baking delicious goodies for MM. So many people commented on how everything looked and tasted so great. But now I'm doubting how many receivers actually ate the goods... maybe some people just threw it out? Sad
Pity. Because it was all tasty and really the highest level of kashrus

mom4many

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 12:48 am
Don't get too sad about making homemade. There's only 7% that toss.

There are so many other threads that emphasize how the best MM is homemade.

I cook for my neighbors/friends after birth, so I assume they also eat my MM as well. I can think about one neighbor who's OCD about cleanliness - perhaps I shouldn't send her homemade.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics